Newby needing help & tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyleah

Reaction score
I'm currently training in level 3 nail services.
& currently on l&p, I am training using ez flow products.
I have a home salon & I am starting to offer acrylic nails.
Does anyone have any tips, guidance, recommendations?
Thanks x

There is more to being a great nail technician than just being able to turn out good nails (although this is very important). Here are a few thing to think about.

:!: Doing nails is not for the timid personality or the faint hearted ... you need to be able to be strong and firm with people while still maintaining professional.

:!: Doing nails needs a person with an empathetic nature, one who cares for and about people.

:!: Doing nails is a business, and a good business head is essential if you want to be financially successful.

:!: Doing nails requires self sacrifice and a vocational attitude as you need to be there when and if your clients want/need you. Staying in late and going in early etc.

:!: Doing nails is not a fun little hobby ... it is a profession and should not be done by amateurs but only by professionals in the true sense of the word (look it up in the dictionary ... interesting).

:!: Doing nails requires a great sense of responsibility. We work on people's bodies. They trust us to work safely and to nurture and care for their natural nails while they are wearing nail enhancements.

:!: Doing nails requires integrity (as should everything) and good business ethics. Business ethics is something many seem to know nothing about these days ... thinking they can use someone Else's good will ... work in a salon and then leave trying to poach business from the very salon that hired them and helped them in the first place.

:!: Doing nails is one of the greatest most fun and rewarding and satisfying businesses in the world. Enjoy your learning but realize that the learning process never stops. Regular classes are not only necessary, they also increase your average earnings and keep you motivated.

:!: Doing nails requires a building attitude where one is constantly adding skills and more expertise to the base of knowledge they have. Keeping up with product developments and latest services . We are Creative people .. we need this constant stimulation to stay excited.

Here is a thread that may also help. http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/145690-define-nail-technician.html

Last edited:
Thanks for your tips.
I have been running my salon from home for nearly 2 years now, I am fully qualified in level 2 & 3 beauty therapy, so just wanting tips on l&p, as I seem to be struggling a little

Thanks for your tips.
I have been running my salon from home for nearly 2 years now, I am fully qualified in level 2 & 3 beauty therapy, so just wanting tips on l&p, as I seem to be struggling a little

Specific questions would help me to help you ... Can't really guess at what you would like to know. You weren't specific in your first post that it was L&P you wanted tips about and your second post isn't really any more clear. I could spend a month giving tips on L&P. In which area do you need help and I'll be happy to try.

Latest posts

Back