Newly qualified

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie Ellis

Reaction score
Hello

I have just qualified as a nail tech and about to start my own mobile business, I am after some recommendations on the best polish for mani’s and pedi’s. I want to offer the best and most cost effective. I have trained using OPI which I really like but wondered if there were others that are just as good.

Also, what gel polishes do you recommend?

Where do you all get your supplies?

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Katie

The Gel Bottle and Premier Gel are the best around at the moment in my humble opinion! They both sell online directly, give them a Google ;) good luck hun xxx

I use INK London, Cuccio and The Gel Bottle. My favourite is INK. It applies beautifully in 2 coats and lasts really well. It's very reasonably priced (15ml bottles too), they're a lovely company to deal with and have a very supportive Facebook group. Delivery is usually next day and reasonably priced. Their gel polish is called iLac and there are lots of colours to choose from. They also do an all in one gel polish, xLac. It doesn't need a base or top coat and it removes really quickly. It's not as long lasting as iLac, but is perfect for pedis as it lasts really well on toes.

The Gel Bottle are also very good but you are paying a lot more for the bottles, even though they are 20ml, they still work out more expensive than the other brands I use. Their BIAB (Builder in a Bottle) is amazing though if you do extensions or overlays. They also have a huge choice if colours which usually only need 2 coats, although they do often have stock issues with popular colours. When they have a sale on expect to wait 10 working days for delivery though! At other times delivery is usually within a couple of days. (It's quite expensive though). They also have a really good Facebook group.

Cuccio are somewhere in the middle! The brand have been around longer. They are normally priced a little higher than INK for 13ml bottles but have a sale on until the end of the year (about half price I think?!). They do apply nicely but I find they nearly always need 3 coats, so more time consuming and less profit. I have found popular colours often out of stock too. They don't have the same sort of Facebook group as INK and TGB.

I hope this helps a bit. It's so hard to choose a brand, which is why I use three! BUT... I do use the correct lamp for each brand, that is very important.

The Gel Bottle and Premier Gel are the best around at the moment in my humble opinion! They both sell online directly, give them a Google ;) good luck hun xxx

Thank you! It’s so hard to know where to start xx

I use INK London, Cuccio and The Gel Bottle. My favourite is INK. It applies beautifully in 2 coats and lasts really well. It's very reasonably priced (15ml bottles too), they're a lovely company to deal with and have a very supportive Facebook group. Delivery is usually next day and reasonably priced. Their gel polish is called iLac and there are lots of colours to choose from. They also do an all in one gel polish, xLac. It doesn't need a base or top coat and it removes really quickly. It's not as long lasting as iLac, but is perfect for pedis as it lasts really well on toes.

The Gel Bottle are also very good but you are paying a lot more for the bottles, even though they are 20ml, they still work out more expensive than the other brands I use. Their BIAB (Builder in a Bottle) is amazing though if you do extensions or overlays. They also have a huge choice if colours which usually only need 2 coats, although they do often have stock issues with popular colours. When they have a sale on expect to wait 10 working days for delivery though! At other times delivery is usually within a couple of days. (It's quite expensive though). They also have a really good Facebook group.

Cuccio are somewhere in the middle! The brand have been around longer. They are normally priced a little higher than INK for 13ml bottles but have a sale on until the end of the year (about half price I think?!). They do apply nicely but I find they nearly always need 3 coats, so more time consuming and less profit. I have found popular colours often out of stock too. They don't have the same sort of Facebook group as INK and TGB.

I hope this helps a bit. It's so hard to choose a brand, which is why I use three! BUT... I do use the correct lamp for each brand, that is very important.

Thank you, really appreciate the time you’ve taken. It’s so hard to know where to start! I’m sure it’s going to be a steep learning curve xx

Latest posts

Back