Next Step Beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cazdiane

Reaction score
Has anyone trained with next step beauty? If so what are your experiences? I signed up with them to do a complete nail technician course and they've cancelled my practical training days twice now and until I do the training I can't get qualified.
The most they will refund if I were to pull out and go elsewhere would be 95 which is cost of practical training days, it cost nearly 500 in total so don't want to lose the money. They say it's because they have to wait till they have enough people so I'm worried how long it'll actually be before I'm qualified, I originally would've been qualified before Xmas, now it will be April providing they don't cancel again.

I trained with them when I added spray tanning, I wasn't impressed as the trainer struggled to answer questions I had and I didn't feel confident afterwards.

Was it explained to you that they can cancel due to lack of bookings? Even if they did, I think it's really bad as you want to know when you're training and going to be qualified.

Maybe write to head office and ask for a full refund as they haven't provided the training you have paid for? Good luck.

I trained with them when I added spray tanning, I wasn't impressed as the trainer struggled to answer questions I had and I didn't feel confident afterwards.

Was it explained to you that they can cancel due to lack of bookings? Even if they did, I think it's really bad as you want to know when you're training and going to be qualified.

Maybe write to head office and ask for a full refund as they haven't provided the training you have paid for? Good luck.

It wasn't explained to me at the time of booking.but it says in the terms and conditions after you've paid them and they've sent them to you that on rare occasions courses may be cancelled due to unforseen circumstances but it's not rare if they keep doing it. If they cancel again I will ask for full refund and If they refuse then I'll take them to trading standards.
Just wondering if this is a common occurence with these people and is this how they're making their money? Hoping people will just cancel and lose their money

My friend has paid for two courses there and both times kept cancelling in fact the last course her make up course because no one else is booking on they cant give her a date half of course is on the net and because she registered straight away they say they cant refund as shes accessed the course told her to take it to small claims court or get in touch with who ever they are accredited with

Next step beauty is a disgraceful company in my opinion. They took my money last June for a make up course and then cancelled 5 times until I got fed up and asked for a refund in December. They would only agree to refund £66 out of the £172 that I paid. They still haven't sent the refund after 5 weeks.

I wish I had researched them more before I applied.at the time back in August they had loads of good reviews and I thought it looked good as they teach all 5 nail systems so thought that would be good as I could please everyone. Wish I hadn't done it now. They're not getting away with it with me I will fight to the death lol

Unfortunately I have had exactly the same problem with this company. They failed to provide courses on several dates and in the end I went to another training provider and asked Next Step Beauty for a refund. I got nothing. I took them to court (via money claim online), won by default but still no money. I have issued a couple of warrants but bailiffs have been unable to get any money and recently I received notice that Totally Beauty Limited (the company behind NSB) has gone into liquidation/receivership. It is a blatant attempt to avoid debts as NSB still trades in exactly the same way it always has but now under Beauty Education Limited rather than Totally Beauty Limited. The lady at the receivers says that she has seen it before unfortunately (changing name to avoid paying debts). I am now going to try and get some money back through Section 75 as I paid by credit card unless anyone else can suggest any alternatives?

I had the same problem with courses being cancelled by them but I was in a slightly different situation because all those months this went on for I never once got sent any info to get into their online portal I just kept getting told I would get it soon. So I asked for a refund and kept getting told there was no one in who could deal with that and someone would phone me back (surprise surprise they never did) eventually I had to get a lawyer to write a letter to get me my money back! The company is a complete disgrace and I think they are just a massive con if I hadn't gotten a lawyer involved I don't think I would've ever got my money back. I looked up hundreds of reviews before booking the course everywhere on the Internet except here and they were all good but afterwards I googled next step beauty bad reviews and loads came up all saying the same thing so I don't know why they don't show up when you type in reviews. I hate bad mouthing people and it's not something I usually do but I would happily tell everyone who asks to avoid this company like the plague. I would go and speak to trading standards or citizens advice and see what they recommend. Good luck xx

Unfortunately I have had exactly the same problem with this company. They failed to provide courses on several dates and in the end I went to another training provider and asked Next Step Beauty for a refund. I got nothing. I took them to court (via money claim online), won by default but still no money. I have issued a couple of warrants but bailiffs have been unable to get any money and recently I received notice that Totally Beauty Limited (the company behind NSB) has gone into liquidation/receivership. It is a blatant attempt to avoid debts as NSB still trades in exactly the same way it always has but now under Beauty Education Limited rather than Totally Beauty Limited. The lady at the receivers says that she has seen it before unfortunately (changing name to avoid paying debts). I am now going to try and get some money back through Section 75 as I paid by credit card unless anyone else can suggest any alternatives?

Could you have not got a refund from your credit card in the first beginning?
Whenever I've had a problem my credit card has refunded me then they have been the ones to Chase money.

For example I ordered some dresses online, courier left them on the door step and they were stolen. Company was messing me around So my credit card company refunded me pretty much straight away and they dealt with it for me.

Hope you get it sorted and get your money back xx

Could you have not got a refund from your credit card in the first beginning?
Whenever I've had a problem my credit card has refunded me then they have been the ones to Chase money.

For example I ordered some dresses online, courier left them on the door step and they were stolen. Company was messing me around So my credit card company refunded me pretty much straight away and they dealt with it for me.

Hope you get it sorted and get your money back xx

I tried my credit card company and they said that section 75 doesn't cover business transactions which they class this as so I am still £1,000 down.

I think when the carlton institute went bust they merged with next step beauty. Read the reviews on the carlton institute on here. The issues go back a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back