Nfu.oh L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShannonU

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am wanting to start using Nfu.Oh L&P consistently (used an odourless product at school and hated it) and I am wondering if anyone else uses it??? I am finding that when i'm playing with it, it is setting quickly even though it is a medium set powder.. I have to wonder if it's simply because it is so hot out right now and our top floor condo gets pretty warm! I am almost thinking about taking my table out onto my patio one night when it cools down and seeing if I get a longer time frame of moving it into position.. It seems like by the time I get my smile line decent, the rest has already set.. I'm quite sure my mix ratio is good as well. I talked to the distributor and they told me that medium-wet ratio is what is used when applying nfu.oh. I absolutely love the colours and haven't been having any issues with those (they seem to set much slower) but i'm having issues with the cover pink and the white. If anyone has used nfu.oh, could you lend me any tips??

I really think it's a matter of playing with it, for sure... L&P hasn't been a huge focus of school (which i'm now wishing it was because it is definitely the hardest to master). The odourless we've used is easier because it sets incredibly slow but I hate the filing and it seems like such a dull colour.

Nfu.oh doesn't seem to be big where I am (B.C, Canada) but I love it. I have about 40 of their colours and have bought quite a few coverage glittery pinks and i'm super excited...

My other question is what brush do you all have the most success with?? I have on order a very nice #10 round. Have used #8 round and #6 oval (didn't have luck with either brush..they seemed cheap even though I paid a hefty price for them..they frayed and the tips are all jagged..)

I could go on because I have lots of questions about success with L&P..But i'll leave it at this.

Thanks for listening. :)

Nfu.oh is a great acrylic system. The full range of colours and cover powders is amazing!

I think your problem is the heat...not a problem we are having here in the UK this summer :irked:
You could either adjust your mix ratio to a slightly wetter mix to counteract the heat evaporating the liquid faster, or you could ensure your monomer doesn't get too hot by placing your dapper dish in a shallow bowl of cool water.

As much as I loved Nfu.oh I don't really rate their brushes, I had a size 10 and a 12 and they looked good, but after a while they started to fork, and nothing I did would stop that and get it back to a perfect point...not very good when perfecting smile lines ;)

The best brush I have ever used is an EzFlow master artist 508, it is a size 8 brush that is just amazing, thanks to the flattened ferrule the hairs can flatten out to aid smooth application, but a couple of wipes and it is back into its perfect point for more detailed work.

Although I now use another system, I still have a range of Nfu.oh colour and glitter powders for any more adventurous clients!

Thank you for the reply!

I love the line as well!! I really think I will have a lot of success with it.. Just have to master my skills first...and I really do think the heat is causing me some issues.. Thank you so much for the water trick; that honestly never crossed my mind..

I actually didn't buy nfu.oh brushes but thanks for the advice there too.. I'm not even sure the brand that I bought this time.. All I know is they weren't cheap.. Maybe the last ones I had a big problem with because they were unbranded?? I wonder if that makes a difference.. They weren't cheap though, so I don't know..

I will look into the brush you told me about! Thanks for all your help! Take care!

And the smile lines have been one of my biggest issues because of the forking of my brushes.. I ended up throwing out all my brushes tonight. So sad. I'd rather throw them out, wait for new ones instead of getting frustrated with something I cannot change!

The best brush I have ever used is an EzFlow master artist 508, it is a size 8 brush that is just amazing, thanks to the flattened ferrule the hairs can flatten out to aid smooth application, but a couple of wipes and it is back into its perfect point for more detailed work.
!
A fantastic brush!

Latest posts

Back