Nightmare-demanding client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendywhoo55

Reaction score
Hi girls I could do with some advice ,
I've been fitting hair extensions 10 years fully qualified I'm a perfectionist fitter love my job ,
I have a client who I recently fitted her second fitting she couldn't praise me enough on her first fitting , half way through this fitting she stated it feels thicker than last time ,,I asked her to take a look before leaving she said she loves it and tried tipping me I didn't take the tip stating no it's fine as long as you are happy that will do for me , she counted her money passes me it I didn't re check she asked me to count it so I did she over paid by £20 which I handed her back she was pleased and stated how genuine I was ,
Any way the day after I gets a text saying she's not happy it's not thick enough :| , to which I replied I would fit more in but would have to fit higher I would do for free. Next text it looks nothing like my last fitting the strands are not 1g .. The strands are definatly 1g I pay a lot for Russian hair I always fit quality hair ,
But I repeated I would add more in for free , the next text I'm not happy at all I want a total re fit !!
I was getting quite upset at this point I replied the hair cost a lot of money I can't do that but I can add more in or offer you part refund ,
I can't cope with the demanding this lady is doing , all through the fitting she slated many fitters off who she says she asked for refunds and threatens with court ect so I no its not just me she has done this to , I'm at my whits end so stressed over this , I've never come across a client like this I don't want my reputation ruined she goes on forums and puts things about fitters ect ,,I don't no what to do I never get complaints
I've been more than accommodating to her but she's still not happy I'm so upset over this .

There's not much you can do but carry on with your good customer services. her options are limited. If I was you just to get rid of her and minimise the stress you can refund her the fitting fee, but not the hair (as she has got this anyway). if she is not happy with the hair, tell her you can take it up with your supplier. She seemed happy with the fitting, did she sign a disclaimer? not that this would hold up in any kind of proceedings (I don't think) but it would state that as far as you are aware that she was happy.

Some people will try and get as much as they can from you, and if she has slated previous extensionists to you that would ring alarm bells to me if I'm honest. Just keep doing what your doing but don't leave yourself out of pocket and don't go out of your way, but be reasonable. What difference would a refit make if its not thick enough? its the same amount of hair. The fitting is not the issue here is it? (unless I've misunderstood) Try not to get to worked up about it, be polite and give her her options, she can take them or leave them. If she gives you bad reviews, you have proof you have offered to try and sort something out but she isn't cooperating or being reasonable. And if you have a great reputation, don't let one bad review or experience knock your confidence. I know this can be stressful but as long as you remain professional it will blow over! I hope you get something sorted xxx

Thank you for the reply I can't believe how worked up I am over this ,
The clients issues are not thick enough even though half way through the fitting she stated it felt thicker than before ,
She then went from not thick enough to saying I went higher in the fitting but I no I haven't gone any higher than last time her hair is shoulder length so I didn't need to fit higher I've been fitting years I no she's has the same fitting as last time and I am 100% the hair is 1g strands ,
I explained a re fit wouldn't alter anything
As I always fit the same tbh I would find it hard fitting any more hair in , thinking about it I'm now thinking another client who's been my client for years is her student she loves my fittings reccomended me she did state my fittings are not as thick as hers im wondering if she thinks she has a lesser job due to me being unable to fit more hair in , the other client has very thick hair which I did explain this making me able to fit more hair in ,
The last message I replied stating I can't offer a full refit but I can add more in for free or part refund if your not happy ,
i can't seem to please her :(
I really don't want to do this clients hair again but I no I have to deal with this some how as I will have to remove the fitting in turn she will ask for a re fit never dealt with this before it's a nightmare :( xx

You don't have to do her hair again, just politely refuse. and as long as you have remained professional and as far as I can see you have. If she is not happy with a part refund and offer to take them out for her if need be, so that she can go to another extensionist and pay for the fitting (as she already has the air) then she hasn't lost anything and is off your back, but kindly refuse to refit, make sure she knows you will only remove the extensions but are not comfortable or confident enough to put them back in as you don't want an unhappy client and make it clear if she gets a free removal then its no longer in your hands. (plus you can't afford to be spending so much time for no money with an unreasonable client) and suggest she goes elsewhere. Before I went into the hair business I had been self employed for 8 years and ran my own companies, I know that you will sometimes get this and you cant please anyone. Just don't allow anyone to be able to say you were unreasonable and then your covered. you have to sometimes be strict with people although its not a nice feeling. xx

Thank you for the reply I have stayed as professional as possible without feeling she's starting to take the mick now ,,
I don't think she is going to give in by what she has told me about other fitters
And her I will win attitude ,
She has messaged to say she is going away until Monday and would like the situation sorting once she is back , which I already told her I can't do anything for a week unless she will settle for the part refund , she's so demanding there's a salon near me who she said started egnoring her texts I said that's strange she stated she took it personal and can't understand why the fitter would egnor her I'm contemplating getting intouch with her to see what really happened ,
It's the first time I have ever come across a client like this and tbh it's putting me off any more fittings ,
Thanks for the support and advice I appreciate it I'm not one to come on forums but this experience has led me to ask for help xx

Thank you for the reply I have stayed as professional as possible without feeling she's starting to take the mick now ,,
I don't think she is going to give in by what she has told me about other fitters
And her I will win attitude ,
She has messaged to say she is going away until Monday and would like the situation sorting once she is back , which I already told her I can't do anything for a week unless she will settle for the part refund , she's so demanding there's a salon near me who she said started egnoring her texts I said that's strange she stated she took it personal and can't understand why the fitter would egnor her I'm contemplating getting intouch with her to see what really happened ,
It's the first time I have ever come across a client like this and tbh it's putting me off any more fittings ,
Thanks for the support and advice I appreciate it I'm not one to come on forums but this experience has led me to ask for help xx
I dont think you should give her a refund. You've offered to put more in anf that's not good enough... youre the professional. If she continues stick to your guns and tell her there's nothing more you can do if she refuses what youve offeted

She just text again replying saying she tipped me because she trusted me !
She's not happy now wants more blonde in thicker ,
I've done as above replied saying I've tried to resolve this all day offering to put more in for free but I would have to go higher up which you are not happy with so I can't see a way to resolve this but offer part refund so you can find some one else to fit as I don't want to dissapoint you again , it doesn't matter what I seem to offer she's not accepting I think next will come a full refund
I really don't no what else I can do but take this grief off her all day , I don't want to be unprofessional and block her
As i am responsible for her removal ,
It's been all day this , if she took it further would she have a leg to stand on I can't offer any more than I have .. Think she wants blood :| xx

I highly doubt it. People always threaten with court action.... what could she actually sue you for??? You havent injured her or made her hair fall out ...

She just text again replying saying she tipped me because she trusted me !
She's not happy now wants more blonde in thicker ,
I've done as above replied saying I've tried to resolve this all day offering to put more in for free but I would have to go higher up which you are not happy with so I can't see a way to resolve this but offer part refund so you can find some one else to fit as I don't want to dissapoint you again , it doesn't matter what I seem to offer she's not accepting I think next will come a full refund
I really don't no what else I can do but take this grief off her all day , I don't want to be unprofessional and block her
As i am responsible for her removal ,
It's been all day this , if she took it further would she have a leg to stand on I can't offer any more than I have .. Think she wants blood :| xx

No, she doesn't have a leg to stand on. She is just unhappy, you haven't done anything wrong, so legally, no, she can't do a thing. As long as you are seen to have offered her a solution to her problem then you've done all you can do. Some people you can't please. I'd tell her to go elsewhere, clearly you cannot do anything that will make her happy. I wondered what happened though for her to change her mind?

Wow after Bowing down to this woman all day yesterday with offerers she is now demanding a full re fit or a full refund
I'm at my whits end now with this clients demands she's saying it's not the same hair and thinner strands , they are 100% 1g strands and is the same Russian hair tbh feels better than the last lot ,
If it's not 1 excuse it's another I new she was gunning for a full refund so she had the fitting free I no this is what she has done to others with her little slip ups she has mentioned , I offered once again to correct what she is not happy with top up the fitting and give her fitting money back she's not happy with that wants a full refund , that would be fine if it was cheap hair but it's very expensive hair that she will walk away with ,
My worse experience ever :(

Wow after Bowing down to this woman all day yesterday with offerers she is now demanding a full re fit or a full refund
I'm at my whits end now with this clients demands she's saying it's not the same hair and thinner strands , they are 100% 1g strands and is the same Russian hair tbh feels better than the last lot ,
If it's not 1 excuse it's another I new she was gunning for a full refund so she had the fitting free I no this is what she has done to others with her little slip ups she has mentioned , I offered once again to correct what she is not happy with top up the fitting and give her fitting money back she's not happy with that wants a full refund , that would be fine if it was cheap hair but it's very expensive hair that she will walk away with ,
My worse experience ever :(
Sack her off.. and dont give her a full refund. Tell her shes not having it and you're not willing to do her hair anymore

Or if its the hair shes moaning about tell her tou need to remove it and send it to the supplier so they can asses it and get the refund from them

Time to get tough and stand your ground hun. She can come in so you can have a look and a correction if necessary but she was happy when she left and the hair is of the same excellent quality as all your hair. You do not give refunds. If she would like to take you up on your offer within the next week or two that's great but otherwise you cannot do anything more. If needs be, block her xx

Yes that sounds good I've tried my best every time I offer she ignores my reply and demands more and more ,
I'm too soft my partner seems to think the handing over of the money with the £20 extra ( she did count it twice )
Counted it out loud I was cleaning around while doing so I didn't see it nor did I re count it at first untill she asked to which I did and corrected her straight away of the over pay , I didn't even take the tip offered !!
Is some sort of test to see what kind of person I am and he's seen it done by his old bosses ,
I don't no but it's some kind of game for a free fitting she traveled over an hour to get to me stating there is no fitters in her area when I no there are including a large shop that's just for fittings , I feel she may of burnt her bridges with many a fitters in doing this , but it's so stressful on the receiving end , I just want to say thank you for your replies and support its really helped xx

Yes that sounds good I've tried my best every time I offer she ignores my reply and demands more and more ,
I'm too soft my partner seems to think the handing over of the money with the £20 extra ( she did count it twice )
Counted it out loud I was cleaning around while doing so I didn't see it nor did I re count it at first untill she asked to which I did and corrected her straight away of the over pay , I didn't even take the tip offered !!
Is some sort of test to see what kind of person I am and he's seen it done by his old bosses ,
I don't no but it's some kind of game for a free fitting she traveled over an hour to get to me stating there is no fitters in her area when I no there are including a large shop that's just for fittings , I feel she may of burnt her bridges with many a fitters in doing this , but it's so stressful on the receiving end , I just want to say thank you for your replies and support its really helped xx
At the end of the day you do what you feel is best. There's been times where ive refunded just to shut them up but i dont believe you should. Just block her lol x

Latest posts

Back