Nioxin advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkthistle

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought some in capital to try...never used it before, I was advised number 4 and bought the cleanser, conditioner and scalp treatment...and I was wondering if there is anything I should know from those with experience of using it. I have long fine hair but lots of it, colour treated, very dry scalp at the moment and I think it's thinning. I was a hairdresser in a previous life so not total novice.
Thanks in advance.

Make sure you apply the revitaliser(conditioner) to your scalp other wise you are defeating the object xx

Make sure you apply the revitaliser(conditioner) to your scalp other wise you are defeating the object xx

You could also use nioxin 3 as it is also for chemically treated hair. I hope it works for you x

Scrub in your revitaliser as if it is shampoo. Then your scalp treatment, apply DIRECTLY to scalp (from memory, 4 is the foam) spray it onto your scalp like you are drawing a line on your head! Do 4-5 pumps then massage it in.

You'll love it. I've not had any clients who have been disappointed.

Hi, I just bought some in capital to try...never used it before, I was advised number 4 and bought the cleanser, conditioner and scalp treatment...and I was wondering if there is anything I should know from those with experience of using it. I have long fine hair but lots of it, colour treated, very dry scalp at the moment and I think it's thinning. I was a hairdresser in a previous life so not total novice.
Thanks in advance.

Who advised you to get number 4? Your hairdresser at the minute should tell you which range is best for you. Each one does different things and you could end up with wrong results if not using the correct one. If you notice a difference you may want to have your hair tested again as if it changes texture you may then need another number.

Hope it works for you.
Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks all...I did the online quiz on their site, asked the sales person and my hairdresser and we all came up with 4, hope it works for me 🙏

WWWWWHHHHHHAAAATTTTT!!!

You can do an online quiz and self prescribe?

Next time you purchase your scalp treatment, try the number 3. It's safe for colour treated hair and women prefer it as it's more of a liquid than a foam (like the 2/4/6) and it absorbs more quickly and won't bugger up your hair style. Numbers 2/4/6 which are all formulated for noticeably thinning clients and they all have a sunscreen in it, which protects the scalp from the sun preventing further thinning of the hair.

I've got a great knowledge of the entire Nioxin line if you have any questions :)

Will do, thanks. I've been putting the foam on at night more so not affecting styling lol

I've got a great knowledge of the entire Nioxin line if you have any questions :)

Did the online quiz, twice, changing one answer and got 3 and 4. I do have color treated hair so I am thinking 3 is to start with.

So, how does this work? I won a contest from them and won all 6 items in their product line (full kits :D ) which means I can share with those that need it (my family).

So, do I use this in place of my shampoo/conditioner (I use cholesterol, multi-vitamin, and biotin to help with my thinning issue)? What's the best way to use this product?

Latest posts

Back