Nioxin or Redken

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewGeekGem

Reaction score
Just nipped over from skin geek, I hope it's OK to ask a question. My hair is thinning, both at the crown and the front. I have been using nioxin 4 (3 step system) for about 4 months. I'm about to run out so I was wondering whether to try Redken, my question really is are they basically the same thing or is one better than the other?

Many Thanks

Gemma x

With redken I assume you mean the intra-force system??

Just nipped over from skin geek, I hope it's OK to ask a question. My hair is thinning, both at the crown and the front. I have been using nioxin 4 (3 step system) for about 4 months. I'm about to run out so I was wondering whether to try Redken, my question really is are they basically the same thing or is one better than the other?

Many Thanks

Gemma x

I would also like to know about this as I'm looking to buy a similar product. Also Gemma, where did you buy the nioxin 3 step system and how have you found it? Did you stick with nioxin or did you go with redken? How much are these products??

I would also like to know about this as I'm looking to buy a similar product. Also Gemma, where did you buy the nioxin 3 step system and how have you found it? Did you stick with nioxin or did you go with redken? How much are these products??
hi i got nioxin starter pack on the hair shop.com for xx

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry I've only just seen this forgot all about this thread :o. I brought the Nioxin online I cant remember the website sorry but if you google it there were quite a few that were selling it. If you go on the Nioxin website it will ask you questions to determine which number you need, I use the no.4. I'm a little undecided still at the minute it definitley makes the rest of my hair feel thicker so does help to disguise the thinner parts but it's not going to help the hair grow back!! I've just brought some castor oil after reading some posts on here so I'm hoping that is going to help. I haven't tried the Redken intra force but from what i can gather they are very similar in what they claim to do. Also I brought my second lot of Nioxin from EWD warehouse for half the price of what I paid online.

Gemma

Latest posts

Back