Nioxin System and 5% minoxidil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsparker78

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these two treatments can be used together? Shampoo, conditoner, and scalp treatment along with 5% minoxidil, or are they essentially incompatible?

Don't know sorry but I'm curious do women use the mindoxidil too or is it just for men?

Women can use it too, not sure if it can be used alongside nioxin tho. Prob best phoning/emailing them.

Am I right in thinking mindoxidil is like nixoxin?

I'm not sure how nioxin works, but I've learnt about minoxidil on this course I'm doing, hair follicles that have gone through miniaturisation produce weaker thinner hair and using this it "opens up" the follicle giving a better supply of oxygen to produce a thicker hair

Am I right in thinking mindoxidil is like nixoxin?
I think Nioxin has come out with a version of their scalp treatment that contains minoxidil , but no, they do different things.

It all depends on what's causing the thinning. You can buy minoxidil in the chemist, but I would seek advice first.

For women there is minoxidil 2%. It reduces the risk of of side effects. Whereas for men is certainly more potent with 5% it may induce the growth of facial hair.

Latest posts

Back