No 10 vol in Majirel or Iona?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigys

Reaction score
Hi, just a simple question here. After working with redken for the past 5 years and moving to a new salon that uses Iona I am totally baffled as to why there is no 10vol in their majirel or Iona lines? This kinda goes against everything I was taught previously. It even says they have 10vol in Iona on the back of the shade chart yet they don't supply it to the UK???? Huh??? Can anyone elaborate? Thanks

I've never understood this but I do use 10vol with both line and it's completely fine!! Even used Iona with 1.9% as a toner the other day and worked great even though apparently u can't mix with water or use on wet hair!

Well, I will for sure be trying the 10 vol with majirel then..... I just find it totally mind destroying why it's not used.

There isn't because you use Richesse because they have 9vol if you don't need lift, if ur refreshing with Majirel you use 20vol but you add 5mls of warm water every quarter tube and that eliminates the ammonia and creates it more of a 10vol, that's what Loreal say and I have never had a problem with it, and INOA do have 10vol, weird that your salon don't stock it, ask for it to be ordered in because they deffinatly do make one. Don't add water to the INOA mixture because it's oil based, just refresh with 20vol, before they had 10vol I never had a problem with it.

I really don't get that? 20vol opens. The cuticle way to much to refresh meaning you knackervthe hair quicker....especially if your adding water....just use 10vol!

I really don't get that? 20vol opens. The cuticle way to much to refresh meaning you knackervthe hair quicker....especially if your adding water....just use 10vol!

That's what Loreal say to add water! And using 10vol with Majirel that isn't Made for it, can go wrong, Majirel isn't made to be used with 10vol

That's what Loreal say to add water! And using 10vol with Majirel that isn't Made for it, can go wrong, Majirel isn't made to be used with 10vol

No don't get it at all....another reason I hate loreal colours

Wash your mouth out blue !!!

Wash your mouth out blue !!!

I know you love them, I just couldn't get on with them, nor inoa, or richesse just dia color gelee I liked, then they stopped that!

Adding water to a colour isn't exactly my idea of how to do things.... It's a bit old school if you ask me. And as for the water eliminating the ammonia, well that's impossible. Our rep and our tech rep reckon there's no Iona 10vol in the uk, so I'm confused by that.... Unless its a marketing ploy to get us to keep more of the other loreal lines in stock hah. Weird though

Adding water to a colour isn't exactly my idea of how to do things.... It's a bit old school if you ask me. And as for the water eliminating the ammonia, well that's impossible. Our rep and our tech rep reckon there's no Iona 10vol in the uk, so I'm confused by that.... Unless its a marketing ploy to get us to keep more of the other loreal lines in stock hah. Weird though

We might not have always seen eye to eye but I agree with this completely!! This is why I choose a range with 10vol or 8.5 as Tigi is x

Latest posts

Back