No Business!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilz

Reaction score
Hi I have trained as a spray tanning. I have put out some leafets in our local shops and have posted on gumtree and facebook. I was meant to be a xmas fayre tonight but was on a course and unable to attend. Have another xmas fayre booked for the 3rd Dec. I haven't really had any booked appointments. I am offering a LA tan for £20 or Fakebake for £25 however I have offered discounts for multiply people and host free for partys also said if booked in November they get 15% discount. I thought I was being quite fairly priced. I have just had an enquiry through my sister however it is miles away as I am very rural this is about 40 mins drive for me. She says she can have 3 people getting their tans that night to make it more worth my while travelling through, which is great but is going to cost around £15 fuel and travel time for me. Whats the best way round this eg no discount applied or what and any suggestions to try and get more business.

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

So many posts on advertising ideas on here, search quiet November, slow business, advertising ideas, leaflet, gumtree, on the salon geek search facility.

Look up a lady called Lynne baker, she has a brilliant thread ways to promote your business. Someone will post the link I'm sure.

Lucy

If its going to cost u £15 in fuel, and they have 3 fakebakes at 75 (and u have no other jobs that evening) i would go for it. Coz you will make a profit, and get some experiance but I would poss state you will only travel this far if there are 3 or more tans.

Obviously you don't have to go and do them. Or offer a discount.

The plus is, the tans won't take long to do.

Have u worked out how much profit u will make from each tan?

Good luck with what ever u choose to do.

There is a thread in here or the biz geek part with loads of tips for advertising spray tans xx

Ask for a deposit from them though!
Otherwise you may turn up to just find your sister there, folk are so flaky !

Hi I have trained as a spray tanning. I have put out some leafets in our local shops and have posted on gumtree and facebook. I was meant to be a xmas fayre tonight but was on a course and unable to attend. Have another xmas fayre booked for the 3rd Dec. I haven't really had any booked appointments. I am offering a LA tan for £20 or Fakebake for £25 however I have offered discounts for multiply people and host free for partys also said if booked in November they get 15% discount. I thought I was being quite fairly priced. I have just had an enquiry through my sister however it is miles away as I am very rural this is about 40 mins drive for me. She says she can have 3 people getting their tans that night to make it more worth my while travelling through, which is great but is going to cost around £15 fuel and travel time for me. Whats the best way round this eg no discount applied or what and any suggestions to try and get more business.

Gillian

Hey, we sound in similar situations, I did tan training 2 weeks ago & since the day I qualified I have advertised my ass off & yet not one call :rolleyes: I currently do it from home as I don't drive yet.. So I have all tan equipment set up in my spare bedroom ready to be used.
I've just ordered 500 business cards from vista print - (word of warning though they said it's free or low cost & it isn't! With postage & vat added on 500 cards cost just short of £17)
Im waiting until payday & going to printing shop to get 5000 flyers printed off, id love to do it myself to save on costs but a) I havent a computer/printer & b) if I did them they'd look awful :lol:
I've got a Facebook account set in biz name
& I've got everyone I know telling everyone they know about what I'm doing,, just keep at it, the calls will come in eventually.. Good luck x

Latest posts

Back