No hands massage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiceHair

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone done the Gerry Pyves No Hands Massage course? X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there,

I have done the full course up to advanced practitioner.

I did the first course but didn't take it further. I use the techniques I learnt a lot and it really does save your hands and thumbs.

I'm an Advanced Practitioner of No Hands.

The techniques and principles I learnt all those years ago are used in every single massage treatment I know give.

It is quite an amazing technique! The training has changed from when I first qualified, but well worth the £240 for three days training!

Just be aware they can be a bit hard sell at the end to book more training.

Mat

I was also looking into doing this course as I do a lot of massage so would be interested in any feedback, Does the three day course cover full body sequence?

Hi there :)
I have done NO HANDS since 2006 and I don't massage any other way now. I still love the Approach and look forward to every massage I give.
You learn the keys to it all in the first three days but the pattern you will learn will be prone, so you WILL go away able to offer a Treatment. Lots of people learn the basics and then go to this course and use it with what they do already, I found that I really just wanted to learn more so went on to do the Immersion which is the serious of courses over the year. You will be told during the course about what else is on offer but the 'hard sell' is no more. You are an Adult and make your own choices, no one forces anything. I just saw it as seeing what else the Company offer. The training is fab and I regularly 'repeat' courses although my understanding has deepened so I learn all the time. I love NO HANDS and so do my Clients ( incidentally I do FAR more massage now than I did before I learnt NHM)
I felt it was great value for money.

Hi, thanks for all your comments.
So, I've done the NHM Transforming Touch Course and it really was something else (in a good way). I did find it a bit hard sell tbh at the end as they gave us just 2 weeks to sign up to the next level (where you turn the client over, lol!) However, I live in Scotland so it's an added expense to have to travel & stay.

My question now is tho, having returned home, I have discovered that my massage bed doesn't go far enough down for me to get my full weight behind the moves!! I'm small & at it's lowest, the bed goes to 54cm which when the client is propped on pillows is too high! Grrr.

I've decided to invest in an electric bed and one which will go down to say 45cm. Does anyone have any ideas where I'd get one? Please don't say Avalon as they don't deliver to where I am in Scotland without a huge fuss!! Thanks in advance x

Hi, thanks for all your comments.
So, I've done the NHM Transforming Touch Course and it really was something else (in a good way). I did find it a bit hard sell tbh at the end as they gave us just 2 weeks to sign up to the next level (where you turn the client over, lol!) However, I live in Scotland so it's an added expense to have to travel & stay.

My question now is tho, having returned home, I have discovered that my massage bed doesn't go far enough down for me to get my full weight behind the moves!! I'm small & at it's lowest, the bed goes to 54cm which when the client is propped on pillows is too high! Grrr.

I've decided to invest in an electric bed and one which will go down to say 45cm. Does anyone have any ideas where I'd get one? Please don't say Avalon as they don't deliver to where I am in Scotland without a huge fuss!! Thanks in advance x

If you've got the money then you can not beat 502 2 Section Couch | Therapy & Tattoo | Products | Plinth 2000 (about £1100 mainland delivery) or PRO3 Beauty Treatment Couch | Therapy & Tattoo | Products | Plinth 2000 (another £100 I think). Both down to 46cm.

This sounds interesting I haven't heard anything about it before I must go and research!

Amanda xx

I'll try and remember to measure my couch tomoz - it's electric and very reasonably priced!

Vicki x

Thanks guys!! This is now sounding more hopeful!! Xxx

I'll try and remember to measure my couch tomoz - it's electric and very reasonably priced!

Vicki x

Which one is it that you have? X

Cosmetronic. Lifting back and has a face hole. Really comfy and about 495.

Vic x

I love both my massage tables, portable one from Earthlite and electric from Avalon. The Avalon one is totally amazing, great padding, finish and mechanism and of course British made which is a big thing for me.

If delivery an issue for you where you are in Scotland research your delivery options, can you arrange your own courier and collect from them. Can you have it delivered somewhere nearer at the standard rate and then collect it yourself?

Having tried out most makes of massage table Earthlite and Avalon are the two best brands of massage table. Though for a portable table Oakworks comes a very very close 2nd, and their Portal Pro massage chair is definitely the best one.

Mat

Vicki x

Yes it goes down to just over 45 cm off the ground!

Vic x

Oh!! Excitement. What's the make & model Vicky? Xx

Thank you! Are you sure it goes down that far? Says 54cm on the spec! Soz to be a pest! X

Just checked again and it's 48 - so close enough. My friend does no hands and has used it. I would check with them tho - I have had similar with a therapy stool and the measurements were way out!

Vicki x

So, that's the Cosmetronic bed ordered. The girl measured it for me and it does go to 48cm. Yippee! By the way, the company AVALON haven't even bothered to get back to me re delivering to Scotland..... Poor stuff really! X

Thank you for all your help Vicki! You're a diamond. X

Latest posts

Back