No/lost receipts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzyBee12

Reaction score
I've just realised that one of my receipts for a purchase of shellac has gone missing. Is it likely that insurance will be invalidated if I can't prove purchase (if there was a claim against me of course). I know the answer is to check with them, but thought it was worth an ask first.

All of this talk of insurance like this--is the insurance in Europe really this strict with you guys?

I ask because I cannot imagine my insurance invalidating something simply because I don't have the receipt for the polish I used. That's not snark, that's genuine there. I'm shocked it's that strict for you ladies.

I've just realised that one of my receipts for a purchase of shellac has gone missing. Is it likely that insurance will be invalidated if I can't prove purchase (if there was a claim against me of course). I know the answer is to check with them, but thought it was worth an ask first.

Have you tried contacting the company you bought from to get a copy of the receipt? My local supplier prints copies if you need

I think needing it for insurance reasons is so very unlikely that its not worth worrying about. However, I would be worried about not having a receipt when it comes to submitting/doing your accounts.

Also this insurance thing: Say I had one red, one blue, one pink, one green etc. from an authorised dealer. Then every other bottle I had was bought from say... Ebay. In the unlikely event of a claim, is the client going to know the name of the colour I used on them? Couldn't I just say it was the one I bought from the authorised dealer? I'm not saying anyone should do this and I certainly don't, but it is a bit of a mine field and not quite as cut and dry as many people seem to think.

Incidentally, my insurance states that as long as I "do not knowingly buy or use a counterfeit product" I am covered.

Incidentally, my insurance states that as long as I "do not knowingly buy or use a counterfeit product" I am covered.

And that was my point. That's all my insurance says as well.. and that includes the discussion using the different UV/LED lights.

I don't do any accounts as I'm not a business/have any clients. I was just wondering for if I do in the future. I wouldn't go back to before setting up as a business when doing accounts would I?

Hi where was your purchase from? If ir was S2 you can log on access your account and reprint all old orders :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back