No shows driving me mad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't rebook no shows. Period.

Obviously if it's an existing client with a legitimate serious reason I am sympathetic but I don't have time for no shows.

Even if you are just building your business don't give repeat offenders too many chances. I understand giving one or two chances but it's not worth it in the end when you're investing so much energy into someone who really doesn't respect your business in the first place.

I'm very strict with no shows also. I give them one chance, and after that I refuse to treat them. I'm extremely busy and my work involves healing so I really don't have time for time wasters. I can spend an hour getting my room ready, heating it, etc. I can fill an appointment four times over, so when someone doesn't show, I lose money, and someone else loses a treatment they could have had. I have a no show black list.

Last edited:
Recently I booked a 3 day dream away for hubby and myself.

I asked if I can pay cash, which was no problem but I needed a credit card to hold the room.

If I cancelled 24hrs before the date I would not be charged, after 24hrs there was a fee payable.

Why can't we do the same

That is so frustrating! Do you offer online booking? You may be interested to know that the more interactive you make appointment booking, the more likely clients are to remain accountable to their appointments. Let them book it themselves, and they may see themselves as holding more responsibility. Also, many online booking systems have automated reminder systems to help clients remember their bookings.

If you have any questions about online booking or about BookMyCity (our online booking solution for salons/spas) feel free to contact me :) And good luck!

Customers are just that, customers. Things do come up that are more important than their beauty appointment (unfortunately were way down the list for most people). Part of the job im afraid.

You should have a look at www.salonium.com it's an online scheduling system, iv been using it for a year now. It sends reminders to your clients the day before their appointment by txt message or email. I very rarely have a no show as the txt message has an option to call the salon of they need to cancel. It's pretty cheap and secure to use, and i now have it integrated with my website to take online bookings which my clients love! They also appreciate the reminder txt aswell. And because it's web based, I can log into it from anywhere, which is handy when clients txt or Facebook for appointments at ridiculous hours lol. I can just log on from my phone, much less hassle than carrying an appointment book around! It also keeps client colour records, no more searching through a million cards or putting the salon in the air when one is missing!

I sack clients after the 3rd time, especially if its in a short period of time. I have little tolerance for no shows.

We charge a 50% deposit from every client booking a treatment £30 or over.
These appointments tend to take longer so prevents no shows. If they do no show, they lose their deposit and a fee for the remaining balance is added to their account.

No shows get charged 100% of their appointment and they can't rebook until it's paid. We allow them to spend the fee on retails products so they feel they get something for their money. I sell stock and the customer is more likely to pay it.

The fine is noted on their account until they pay, then debt is wiped and they start fresh again. We have been strict since opening to stop people feeling like they can muck us around as my staff end up standing around and it's not fair on us. Clients appreciate that we are firm but fair and only unloyal customers have a problem with it - and we aren't fussed about them!!

Latest posts

Back