Non-accredited make-up course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noisysmurf

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask...

I'm already a qualified nail technician but looking into doing a make-up course so I can start offering bridal hair & make-up... I don't have much money & I found an evening course at my local school offering a 10 week make-up course with a professional MUA but it's not Acredited.... They can offer me a certificate of attendance but that's it, what's everyone's thoughts?

Would I be able to offer the make-up service to my clients without a proper presssional qualification??? ( seems a pretty pointless course if not..??)

I can't attend a proper course as I have a young daughter so an evening course is best...

I'm confused :/

xx

Anyone who has the passion, talent and flair to offer a makeup service, can do so. However, as a nail tec, your liability insurance would not cover you to offer this service to paying clients in the event of an allergic reaction, foundation accidentally dripped over the wedding gown, a burn from a curling iron etc...

This is why courses need to be accredited and it is up to you to ensure that the accreditation is recognised by your insurer so that product knowledge, hygiene, health & safety is all covered.

It is not as complicated as it sounds, but I really would advise you look for a recognized course.

Ah I see, I wasn't thinking! Lol!

Yes of course I'd need a recognised certificate/qualification for my insurance.. Thank you mrs clooney!!

Xx

It is not as complicated as it sounds, but I really would advise you look for a recognized course.
I agree, for insurance purposes I would think you'd need the recognised course.

To be honest I'm not sure whether the 2 short courses I did are accredited (I will have to look that up) but I am insured to do make up still because I did NVQ 2 Beauty which covered this (albeit very badly which is why I did the short courses).

Latest posts

Back