Non damaging nail extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheVanityCase

Reaction score
I apologise if this is a silly question but I'm quite new to the industry and am a little confused by something!
One of my clients cancelled her appointment with me the other day for gel polish because she had peeled her previous set off, bitten all her nails down (grr!) and had some extensions fitted. She said she had tips on and then gel polish over the top and the nail tech had told her that whatever they had used would actually encourage growth.
I only studied acrylics at college so don't know much about any other systems but I know you can't put gel polish directly over tips because it just wouldn't work. So, my question is, what could the system be that they've used? I was taught that no extensions will encourage growth and that the only things that wouldn't damage the natural nail are normal polish and gel polish. (Although I should point out that my college wasn't exactly brilliant...)
Any ideas or input would be much appreciated :)

Last edited:
No enchancements should cause damage hunny, if done properly. Having acrylic over your own nails and having it maintained will grow natural nails out but don't know about actually encouraging growth (unless she has been retailed solar oil or dadi oil?) xx

Could she have had a hard gel over the tips?! Many people wouldn't be able to see the difference between the two as they're both cured, maybe she doesn't realise they're different?

Even if that is the case, it wouldn't encourage growth. Maybe the salon were just spinning her a line?!

They could've used IBX?!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe she's had bio sculpture? I know they promote as encourages growth. Can't you just ask her?

It is quite possible that she has just had tips with gel polish over them like she states. Some people have awful training. I know of 2 techs on here who were taught to do this. Shocking but true :eek:

I remember reading just recently on a few different sites about Bio Sculpture gel that it promotes nail growth ( I don't know much about it, but went researching after a client asked me about it). May be that's what they used?

Latest posts

Back