Non monetary tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something even your best friend won't tell you...?

The fact I am a hairdresser who had spent all her last visit talking about the avantage of Awaphui and Wild ginger Paul Mitchell

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

All sorts of normal things, flowers, chocolates, home grown veg, books...

Some not so normal things, small fish tank with that much lime scale, Nitroglycerin would struggle to remove it. Wool (I can't and don't knit)
Various 1960's chipped crockery when I was having a big garden party :confused: (her heart was in the right place)

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wine and chocolates... the perfect way to my heart ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Nothing overly exciting but always appreciated!
Champagne, white wine (because I tell them that's what I drink) chocolates, eggs quite frequently, jewellery (but only when I think it has been given to them and they don't like it) and an airer for red wine - obviously didn't get the message about white wine. I thanked her and semi jokingly told her that once I open a bottle I drink it, I can't hang around lol!

Vicki x

...obviously didn't get the message about white wine. I thanked her and semi jokingly told her that once I open a bottle I drink it, I can't hang around lol!

Vicki x

I had a client that bought me expensive blue cheeses and eiswein every year at Christmas, even though I used to subtly mention that I don't like blue cheeses or sweet wines throughout the year. Thankfully my mother does, so they used to get passed on every year!

Wine, free range eggs, cheese cake, a bag of Jerusalem artichokes, a blanket for my dog, a pair of slippers, a jumper, this is what I can think off of the top of my head lol! Love my little gifts I sometimes get xx

What is it with eggs ? Can you tell I'm not a country girl !! :D

W1nnie, I appreciate nothing more than a gift of freshly laid free range eggs...they are AMAZING! When I was away at college I used to bring them down with me and there was always that one person that said 'What is that brown stuff on them?'

IT'S POO! Hahah.

W1nnie, I appreciate nothing more than a gift of freshly laid free range eggs...they are AMAZING! When I was away at college I used to bring them down with me and there was always that one person that said 'What is that brown stuff on them?'

IT'S POO! Hahah.

Sounds absolutely delightful ! Anything homegrown or home laid is always better, and I'm sure my face would say it all if I received anything with poo on :| :lol:

I've never received any gifts from clients but I did make my hair dresser some homemade bath melts and a set of charm bangles. She loved them and complimented me on how soft they made her skin. This year she's getting extra spoilt just because! :) x

I have received some lovely gifts from clients over the years, the most unusual has to be 2 peasant breasts along with a receipe for peasant in mango sauce......

One lovely lady made a fresh cream and strawberries cake for us while we waited for her colour to process, she happened to tell another client of mine she'd made cake, then that client made us a cake for our colour break too. God I love cake xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I have received some lovely gifts from clients over the years, the most unusual has to be 2 peasant breasts along with a receipe for peasant in mango sauce......

Blimey, I know society loves to demonise the poor and the underclasses, but I didn't realise we'd started to eat them as well!! It's like Soylent Green all over again!

I've had a solid oak chest of drawers! Handbags, wine,clothes, make up, perfume. Le crueset dishes, pots and pans, home baking...lots of lovely things over the years.

My assistant got a bottle of wine last week from a client as a thank you for her head massage. How nice!

Booze, chocolates, some goodies from the US of A if my clients are headed that way, homemade baked goods... They're going to fatten me up.

A lovely patient made me a bracelet in navy and white to match my nurses uniform x

It must be female peasants though .....

When I was trainee at my old salon one the clients used to bring me a Toblerone every year for Christmas 😊 was so thoughtful that she remembered what I liked! X

I've been sent flowers, treated to a meal and a client bought me a pair of cloud 9 straighteners after my GHD's broke 😳 xx

Blimey, I know society loves to demonise the poor and the underclasses, but I didn't realise we'd started to eat them as well!! It's like Soylent Green all over again!

Ha ha sorry, must have been tired!! X

Latest posts

Back