Non payment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carrie8320

Reaction score
Hi guys hoping someone can help, I'm sure someone must have gone through this before. I did wedding hair on 4th July, she is a regular client, I took a deposit and the balance owed on the day was £60.
Well after completing the hair everyone had consumed lots of bubbly (not me obviously) so to save the hassle and also to let the bride relax on her big day I just told her to transfer the balance in the next few days.
She really appreciated the gesture, and I said id be in touch. Well a few days later I did send a polite text asking about the wedding and regarding banking details for transfer. She replied telling me she loved her hair and thanks for my services etc etc and that she would transfer the next day.
That was over 3 weeks ago and I've still not received payment. The last few messages she just hasn't replied to and it's so frustrating because I take pride in my work and the fact that I have a good relationship with my clients and am able to be flexible etc. Any advise? No idea where to go now! £60 isn't the end of the world but I still worked for that money so it makes it very frustrating!

Thanks for any help x

I'd text her back and say that you need payment within the next 48 hours or you'll be taking the matter further. You have get texts admitting she owes you money so there's not a lot she can do x

I'd text her back and say that you need payment within the next 48 hours or you'll be taking the matter further. You have get texts admitting she owes you money so there's not a lot she can do x

How do I take it further? I have literally no idea what to do as I've never been in this position before. Lesson learned :(

Just suggest it and see what happens. She's either ditzy or totally avoiding payment. Either way it'll hopefully give her a fright x

How do I take it further? I have literally no idea what to do as I've never been in this position before. Lesson learned :(
You can get a solicitors letter sent for about £8 via on line.

But how far do you take it for £60.
Lesson learnt and more on, you'll spent more than £60 worth of your time chasing it.

Could she be on honeymoon?

Could she be on honeymoon?

No she's not. To be honest I strongly suspect finances may be the reason- the wedding was booked in the space of just over a month and we all know they cost a fortune. It's payday for most people this week so let's see if I have any luck!

I'm a nightmare at sending txts or emails so chicken out and ask my OH (whos good at swanky words & stuff!) to write all mine. I think as he doesn't actually meet the ppl hes messaging, he can be a bit harder with what he writes as he's not personally involved. Sorry that's not much help tho lol!

Personally I think she has crossed a line, so you are within your rights to send a less friendly message. She wouldn't dream of not paying the venue, or the vicar/registrar so why should her hair be any different. xx

I would write or text something like: 'I am disappointed that you have not contacted me to pay the balance of £60 for my services. *{I have now taken legal advice and } Full payment is required by 5pm Mon 3rd August or I will have no option but to take the matter further.'
* optional as she won't know if you have or not.
Wait til 5pm then if you have not heard, then sort a solicitors letter. Keep us updated x

I think it's lesson learned
People should not walk out of apps without paying in full

Especially when soliciting letter will cost you more than she owes you

Latest posts

Back