Non professionals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my sister's is a midwife and is giving it up full time for another job and will only be doing 3-4 shifts a month as I midwife as the job is way to stressful and is making her ill because of staff shortages and bad management and the other is a support worker ( forensics criminal justice), enough said :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

NVQ level 3 award - there's a big difference between an NVQ level 3 and an NVQ Level 3 award.

One is a unit, one is a qualification. I teach them.

As part of the award though you would need to learn cutting, but what about the consultation units, shampooing, conditioning etc? The exam for consultations is pretty indepth.

The NVQ Awards were originally designed for already qualified hairdressers to explore additional areas that they might not have trained in, not people to simply fast-track their way past all of the underlying knowledge usually required. To most of us we wouldn't see you as a pro. Sorry, but I honestly think that's how it probably is.
I really couldnt agree more :) xx

I completely agree with what I have quoted above, Botox is an invasive procedure in that it breaks the skin, and actually is a prescription only toxin meaning a doctor originally had to sign to allow it to be released. I may be lucky that my doctor can do Botox, but I wouldn't risk my face by having someone other than a doctor or nurse use it in me. When I decide its needed for me, then I will pay the extra for the product to be prescribed by the adminsterer.
There is something going on with whitening at the minute that is about only dentists being allowed to do it. Yes you can have false teeth, but myself I would prefer to keep my own and keep them pain free, not possible by someone who's done a day or 2 course, years is needed for dentistry, and it takes more than 2 days for them to fully learn whitening so how can someone without a clue on the subject learn what's needed in just a day?
With midwifery I don't know a lot, but when you have lost someone who should be a member of your family now because of a person who was meant to look after the mother to be and didn't do their job properly then you would agree that only midwifes should be delivering baby's.
I know a few trained and registered support workers, and how they do their job is beyond me. They are psychologists, therapists, council assistants, friends and anything else the person being supported may need them to be.

Sorry if you feel I shouldn't e agreeing, but I do feel people train in something for the good of that industry and each of the above are spoiled by people who don't take time to learn it all. X

Nope I agree, I just think it varies for different fields. My friend is a qualified dentist, and I wouldn't dream of letting a non dentist near me to whiten my teeth! Or a non qualified to deliver my baby or even a beauty therapist to give me Botox. So I see both points of view xx

Latest posts

Back