Non-strip wax help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallyerust81

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks,

I have recently started using Perron rigot non strip wax for more sensitive areas and am hoping to go on a course for non strip wax as college covered it literally in a 5 minute session! I find it fab generally but I am struggling with bikini lines. How do I form a lip at the edge of the wax where is there is no hair... The problem being with bikini lines (I'm not trained in intimate waxing so don't do any further than knicker lines) that the hair tends to grow inwards and so the area you need to be pulling from is further in if you catch my drift where there is even more hair. Sorry I'm no good at explaining myself... Any advice, hints and tips would be most gratefully received as I work on my own and hate waxing at the best of times. Thank you :)

The best way is thick and make sure your end lands on a part of skin that is hairless. This means it's easier to lift up. If you find it easier lift a leg and wax from the bottom first then pop the leg down so when you wax from the top of the bikini line down the wax finishes on a hairless area. :) hope that made sense

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Great advice given already :) but I find it easier to remove at an angle, so rather than attempt against the hair growth and struggle, remove almost diagonally, from the top, if that makes sense :) x

With all the Perron Rigot non strip waxes always make the end of the strip slightly thicker and come back on the edge with your spatula to create a thicker lip at the end. When it's sets if you press down on the lip (rather than flicking to lift it) the wax will lift slightly allowing you to remove the strip easily and much more comfortable for your client.

Thanks all for your comments. Yes it does make sense trying to go from bottom to top to ensure a hair-free lip area... Non pun intended :) does removing diagonally rather than against the hair growth work as efficiently? Thanks x

Hi fellow geeks,

I have recently started using Perron rigot non strip wax for more sensitive areas and am hoping to go on a course for non strip wax as college covered it literally in a 5 minute session! I find it fab generally but I am struggling with bikini lines. How do I form a lip at the edge of the wax where is there is no hair... The problem being with bikini lines (I'm not trained in intimate waxing so don't do any further than knicker lines) that the hair tends to grow inwards and so the area you need to be pulling from is further in if you catch my drift where there is even more hair. Sorry I'm no good at explaining myself... Any advice, hints and tips would be most gratefully received as I work on my own and hate waxing at the best of times. Thank you :)

You just put the wax on with the growth from top to bottom and end where there's no hair, pull wax out to the side if there is hair below where you want to finish waxing on standard bikini and then pull off against the hair growth.

Latest posts

Back