Not fair on qualified nail techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahgreetham

Reaction score
Basically I have a friend, left self employed to be employed after 3 weeks the company turned around and said we have to end the employment because it's not financially viable. Fair enough. The only issue is they brought all the products off her a week before then get rid of her and even asked her to teach a unqualified girl how to do, manicures and gelish which means no insurance. They are now advertising saying she is doing training when she full well isn't and is charging £10 for gelish. Basically got rid to let someone unqualified do them

It's not fair at all on qualified techs who have paid to do lots of training and to get insurance.

Do you think this is wrong ?

Of course it's wrong... R u saying that the company fired a qualified manicurist to hire a non licensed manicurist! Not only wrong but illegal in the US

That is definitely wrong, unfortunately so many employers these days are greedy. They must be paying the unqualified nail tech very little.
There really isn't nothing anyone could do until she damages someone nails badly and that company will be stuck paying someone else's compensations.
We live & we learn.

& may I add, that is the reason why I'm self employed no matter how hard it gets ill never work for someone else again!
Xx

Here in America we have rights and u could call the dep of labor and complain to them . It's not fair for ur friend and any of us qualified techs. Illegal. :(

The girl that is doing them is actually an apprentice hairdresser, so the company don't have to pay her anymore for doing nails

The girl that is doing them is actually an apprentice hairdresser, so the company don't have to pay her anymore for doing nails

Ohh I see, salon I was working at, all the hairdressers did beauty even if they were unqualified. Unfortunately they do this a lot.

Why don't you get your friend to notify Nail Harmony. I am sure they would want to know that their pro products are being used by non pros.

Latest posts

Back