Not qualified yet but clients want enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melk

Reaction score
I'm doing my training now, set I did on myself has lasted 2 weeks with only minor lifting on left hand at cuticle. My clients are coming in asking for nails, I explain I'm not qualified yet but they still want them and want to pay me for them. I did one yesterday one nail had fallen off from a set done elsewhere I didnt charge her and she asked me if I would do refills. By the time she has refills I should be qualified. She is insistent on paying for them. Now I take 2 1/2 hrs for a set college says 1 hr is normal time but 2 1/2 when new to doing nails is right. I have set my price list as $65 full set $35 for refill at 2 weeks $45 at 3 weeks and 4 weeks + is rebalance so $65. As a introductory price I was thinking $40 for full set $20 for refill does this seem reasonable. Of course I'd do any fixes for free in first week After application, charge $5 per nail for repair otherwise. I don't want to charge to much while still getting times down.

No one, can I try a different slant. What did you do when first starting out? Did you charge less if so by how much for each set Or did you do free sets and for how long?

When training I only did friends and family and charged cost after that first few qualified sets a bit of discount until I felt confident enough hope this helps ;) x

Thanks that helps, doing models at the moment for free, my system costs are quite high so want to charge something when qualified but know I won't be as fast as I could be. Nearest nail techs to me are a hr away so my regular clients don't mind if I take longer as it's also a new treatment. I am a little amazed at the response to be honest I say I'll do them for free all say no we want to pay you. I just don't want to overcharge when starting and then have issues with sets that may stop them coming back so far sets last fine and look good.

I would charge. When I was at college training our clients always paid. Just make sure your insurance covers you in the circumstances in which you're working.

Latest posts

Back