Not sure what to charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGordon91

Reaction score
Hi, I'm not even sure I'm posting in the right place but I'm looking for help how to cost myself appropriately.

Recently qualified in waxing and I'm qualified in massage. I have a male client looking for full body message plus a trim of the intimate area. I have a price list set for male waxing but not for trimming. I also don't have a price list for massage as it hasn't been popular since I qualified. I've been looking at local therapists prices but no one seems to list their massage price so I can't even guide price myself.

If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sorry but my dodgy client alarm is going off strong here - full body massage plus trim of the intimate area... hmmm, okay :).

Anyway, for massage, a quick google tells me that round here you'd pay about £30 for 30 minutes, or full body massage which takes about an hour - up to £60. As for trimming, I wouldn't have a clue, it's not something I'd offer unless it was included as part of a waxing service.

I would charge 20.00 for the trim and not a penny less ... if you don't want to do it though don't do it.

Thank you for the replies. It's really helpful

Sorry but my dodgy client alarm is going off strong here - full body massage plus trim of the intimate area... hmmm, okay :).

Anyway, for massage, a quick google tells me that round here you'd pay about £30 for 30 minutes, or full body massage which takes about an hour - up to £60. As for trimming, I wouldn't have a clue, it's not something I'd offer unless it was included as part of a waxing service.

Well the client normally gets intimate waxing done however because I am not yet trained in intimate waxing he was asking for a trim. I have my partner in the house so he'll only be downstairs. He doesn't sound like a dodgy client I think he's looking to trust a therapist (he's just moved back to scotland) and doesn't want to go into a salon (i can imagine it not being easy for guys) and hoping I'll speed the whole learning to train quicker lol

Here is a male only salon i've been to before - http://alphamale-taunton.co.uk
If you click the price list it will download for you and it has both clipping and waxing prices as well as massage prices. Hope this helps.

Just thought I'd say that KrissKross was right. He was a total dodgy client. He wanted his *privates* massaged aswell as body massaged. I rather bluntly told him that I would not and do not do anything like that. He told me he normally gets that at his therapist down in london.. yeah..no. So I done the massage and the trim as quickly as I could and if he ever phones back I'm fully booked. It has in a sense put me off doing male related things because I work from home. And now I'm worried that this is the type of clients that will read my ads and think they can get away with try their luck! I totally undercharged him as well which has annoyed me afterwards but I didn't even care at that pointI wanted him out the house. I've now edited all my advertisement to state I don't do this sort of thing. I'm actually rather disgusted that he spent the appointment trying to convince me that this was a popular service and a popular massage thing (apparently he runs that sort of business down in london) Urgh!

Aw no, what a horrible experience for you! there is always one!!
Dont let that put you off, In my 11 years as a therapist, doing massage too, I have only ever had one of these a-holes!!
You should put a full description of your full body massage with your prices, (eg. for men 3/4 leg massage or something), I know that sounds funny but it might deter any other losers!!

That is awful shame on that man! it disgusts me that people think in this way! sadly thats the world we live in but that doesn't mean we have to accept it. A massive well done to you though for being so professional and carrying on with the treatment! myself and many other therapists probably would have shown the guy the door when he started to behave like that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's a shame a few ruin it for the men. I personally like massages for de-stressing and get a chest wax now and again and I would never dream of acting this way. It baffles me.

Urgh what a creep!! Sorry love, sounds like a horrible experience, don't let it put you off though. For every one like him there are thousands of good ones!

For what it's worth, in my own (limited) experience, genuine male clients looking for treatments will be going to places/therapists like the one Banner Penguin posted the link to, where the treatments are all laid out crystal clear, with full descriptions and prices available too.

If you're not advertising it (and I'm assuming you weren't as you're not qualified in intimate waxing and you don't have a price list for massage) then you've got to wonder how they found you and why they even contacted you in the first place and that's why I assumed it was a dodgy client.

You did well to finish the treatment - I'd have hoofed him out the door and thrown his clothes after him!! :D

Thanks everyone. Days on and I'm still mad. I won't be put off.. he's found me on gumtree and seen I done male waxing (chest, back etc) and thought he'd ask I suppose.. The most disrespectful thing about it all is my partner was sitting downstairs with my dogs and it was as though it was fine to ask something for that. I was really tempted to chuck him out or even text my other half to do it for me! If he phoned back or texts I'll be saying I'm "fully booked"!!

I've now clearly stated on my gumtree ad now that I won't offer any sexual services! But if anyone chances their luck I will throw them out on their lugs!! I think my novice and inexperienced as a therapist doesn't help. It's only recently I've opened my doors to males. It's all a learning experience! Thank you for your kind words everyone. Makes me a little bit better having somewhere to tell people

Hi, I'm not even sure I'm posting in the right place but I'm looking for help how to cost myself appropriately.

Recently qualified in waxing and I'm qualified in massage. I have a male client looking for full body message plus a trim of the intimate area. I have a price list set for male waxing but not for trimming. I also don't have a price list for massage as it hasn't been popular since I qualified. I've been looking at local therapists prices but no one seems to list their massage price so I can't even guide price myself.

If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.
What do you charge for male waxing, I'm struggling with this, thanks x

Latest posts

Back