Not sure what to do, advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanzy85

Reaction score
I am looking for some advice on nail enhancements please? I trained in gel and liquid and powder nail enhancements afew years ago now. The training was fairly basic and after a while I gave up with the liquid and powder as I was finding it too hard and concentrated more on the gels as I found them easier and they had a nicer finish. However I now run a successful beauty salon and would like to introduce the liquid and powder enhancements as they still seem the more popular option for clients over gel. I would like to hear your advice on where the best place to train would be, the best products to use etc? would you recommend the use of an electric file? Any advice would be great :lol:

I personally dont use an electric file but know a lot of geeks do. I prefer using a standard one but thays due to preferance. You are best to do a conversion course and there are several companies to choose from ie nsi, CND and more. Train with the brand you intend to use. I use NSI attraction and am very happy with it which im sure many geeks will agree and a lot more use CND l&p xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I am looking for some advice on nail enhancements please? I trained in gel and liquid and powder nail enhancements afew years ago now. The training was fairly basic and after a while I gave up with the liquid and powder as I was finding it too hard and concentrated more on the gels as I found them easier and they had a nicer finish. However I now run a successful beauty salon and would like to introduce the liquid and powder enhancements as they still seem the more popular option for clients over gel. I would like to hear your advice on where the best place to train would be, the best products to use etc? would you recommend the use of an electric file? Any advice would be great :lol:

I have been a NSI user (and educator) for the past 7 years and love it! (I used CND 10years before that) I do not use an electirc file and really only reccommend it if you are taking down old product but never on brand new product. Usually the rpms are to high and will cause micro cracks in the uncured acrylic (it can take up to 24/48 hours for the acrylic to completely cure). Because NSI self levels so nicely I dont have to much filing to do anyway so I dont need an electric file. If you are interested in some training message me your contact details and I will see if there is anything I can do. Have a fantastic day!

Thank you for the advice, I have actually been looking into both the cnd and nsi training and am thinking of doing it with nsi. I always had problems with the acrylics being too 'bumpy' before and that was why i mentioned the electric file but if the nsi system evens nicely then that sounds great, I am leaning more towards the nsi training. Thanks :lol:

Good luck with whatever you choose to do hun x

NSI defiantely!!! Great products!

When I first stated out doing nails 17 years ago, I only did hand filing. I primarily did l&p and also did gels too. I was afraid of using a e-file for fear of the damage I would cause. Years later, I cannot imagine life without my e-file, it has greatly improved my time and also saved my shoulders, wrists and hands. I now know it's not the tools that do the damage, it's the fools that do. I use my e-file to thin out old product for backfills, debulk and to help with finishing. I do not use it on new growth, i hand file that. I also know not to cause rings of fire. I think using a e-file is a must for busy salons.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

When I first stated out doing nails 17 years ago, I only did hand filing. I primarily did l&p and also did gels too. I was afraid of using a e-file for fear of the damage I would cause. Years later, I cannot imagine life without my e-file, it has greatly improved my time and also saved my shoulders, wrists and hands. I now know it's not the tools that do the damage, it's the fools that do. I use my e-file to thin out old product for backfills, debulk and to help with finishing. I do not use it on new growth, i hand file that. I also know not to cause rings of fire. I think using a e-file is a must for busy salons.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I completely agreee! Iv only been trained for four years and my instructers wouldnt show us the drill till the 4th month of my training so I I learned hand filing then the drill. When you have to hand file you deffs learn to apply product smoother and thinner lol :) once I got my drill I wanted to do back flips! Fills were never so easy :)

Latest posts

Back