Not sure what to offer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathryn135

Reaction score
Hello geeks.. Bit of a random one, not sure if I'm after an answer or just a rant! I'm doing a Christmas event on Friday evening, the girl approached me to do it as she likes my nail art which is great. It's quite a busy event so I told her i would probably just offer file and paints (nail vanish) and hand and arm massage as that way I could get through more ladies. I've just noticed on her flier that she's put "...and a beautician for all your shellac needs!" Now I'm panicking as firstly, I offer gelish - not shellac. And I'm worrying that woman who do have shellac will think they are being ripped off by me offering normal polish.. And also women who haven't got a clue about the difference will go away thinking they've had shellac when they haven't! It's too late for the girl to change her flyers now. I'm happy to offer gelish but I can do it in half hour at a push, and that would be a rushed job which I hate.. And would go through only half the woman that I could be going through with polish. Sorry for the long post just panicking and slightly annoyed! Just proves the point that some non professionals thing all gel Polish is the same as shellac!! Xx

If she can't change the flyers then I guess there's nothing you can do. Be honest with your clients, do the polish and massage as you have agreed and spend the appt letting them know about the difference in shellac & gelish etc. maybe give them a flyer with a discount on a full treatment if they come and see you again! And just say there was a misprint & it was too late to change!

Just a thought, but you could make up a big board to go behind you to state exactly what you'r offering on the day saves you having to repeat yourself! also quote all the good points about what your offering and use it to advertise Gelish ie all the USP'S offer a discount if they make an appointment,
I don't offer Gelish but it sounds like a good system, Play it up, be proud that you can offer it at a high level obviously your skills are being noticed, believe in yourself as they are lucky to have you there! if people ask then say its just a glitch, so what Gelish is still a great system???:)
Have Fun.x

REALLY!!!

I just checked out your face book site, your Amazing!!!

your not selling anyone short!!! be sure to take a portfolio with you.xx

Aw thank you so much Hun, that's really nice to hear! I've been thinking and may just use regular varnish on 8 fingers then gelish with nail art on the ring finger. That way it saves me loads of time and their nail art will last them the next few weeks and all they need to do is change their polish :) (but hopefully come to me then for a full set!) xx

Aw thank you so much Hun, that's really nice to hear! I've been thinking and may just use regular varnish on 8 fingers then gelish with nail art on the ring finger. That way it saves me loads of time and their nail art will last them the next few weeks and all they need to do is change their polish :) (but hopefully come to me then for a full set!) xx

That's a great idea. I just had a look at your site and your nails are gorgeous. Take lots of cards with you!

Thank you so much :) I do love my nail art but am a perfectionist so hate sending ladies away with less than perfect nails! That's prob why it takes me so long. If it doesn't go my way I get down about it for the rest of the day and it really knocks my confidence! Xx

Latest posts

Back