Not very elegant, but very funny!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisy Digits

Reaction score
Ok, so here's the thing...I recently went to do a Shellac service on a lovely lady, who was delighted with her 'new' nails, so much so, that she asked if I would do her toe nails. No problem there, I hear you cry! Wrong :o Unfortunately there was no little foot stool to sit on, and the lady in question, couldn't raise her foot more than about 6 inches. What could I do? Well, after a minute or 2, I had no choice but to plonk my very large bottom on her kitchen floor, and make like a Pilsbury Dough contortionist :rolleyes: The diet begins...tomorrow :smack: In the meantime, and to help me with my embarrassment, have any other Nail Techs been in an hilarious but embarrassing situation?

I can't do feet, my mother in law came over for a visit a few years ago and she wanted me to paint her toe nails. I smiled and said sure. I spent the whole time trying not to throw up and keep a smile on my face. Her feet were clean and nice, I just can't touch them or have anyone touch mine haha. I send anyone who wants their feet done to a girl friend of mine. Puking on clients is not a good thing.

My dog humps clients legs if I let them in. Usually I
Lock them out but cause they are cute clients end up wanting to play with them but my boy just humps them lol

The worst appointment I ever had was when my husband and son were home whilst I performed two luxury pedicures back to back. To cut a long story short im not sure my poor clients enjoyed listening to my husband throwing up in the next room! I came in the front room to do a water change to find my husband on all fours with his head out the French doors puking his guts up in our yard. After having to talk extremely loud to cover the noises of wretching and puking, I had to talk even louder when my boy started laughing like a hyena to Horrid Henry. I finished the appointment, came in to my front room only to be told by my now, fit as a dog husband not to use the jug in the sink. Why I asked? My son needed a wee and they only had my best pyrex jug to hand! They couldn't use the loo either because to get to it, you have to walk through my salon. Mortified and I'm not sure anything about the pedicures I performed could be classed as deluxe or luxury with the ministry of sounds coming from my front room/kitchen! Funnily enough the clients never returned. .. I wonder why!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't do feet, my mother in law came over for a visit a few years ago and she wanted me to paint her toe nails. I smiled and said sure. I spent the whole time trying not to throw up and keep a smile on my face. Her feet were clean and nice, I just can't touch them or have anyone touch mine haha. I send anyone who wants their feet done to a girl friend of mine. Puking on clients is not a good thing.

Im the exact same, actually getting a model in for pedicures in college because I cant bear anyone touching mine, gonna be hard to look like I dont want to pass out!

I was sat on a stool doing a pedi and the stool collapsed under me, never been soooooo horrified!

I spat on a clients hand once whilst doing her shellac. I died a little inside. Xx

These are Hilarious! Really cheering me up!! Iv got my hair caught in the dust extractor a few times and hit myself in the face with a nail file because I have my face that close. Nothing near as funny as these. Happy feet yours made me roar with laughter xx

In a facial exam I fell off my stool. Bum on floor. The works. Client nearly shot off the couch in fright!

Second facial exam, did exactly the same thing but this time took the entire trolley with me. What a twat.

Haha i love these kind of threads! I have many, one that springs to mind was when i was doing a pedicure on a 'regular' at the spa i worked in. (she was a doctor and very snooty) I was sat on a chair with wheels. I got up to move the foot bowl out of the way (It was a foot bowl built into a foot stool if that makes sense, so always had to ask clients to lift there legs up for me to wheel it out from under them) as i went to sit back down the chair rolled away from under me. As i started to go down, for some reason i grabbed for her leg and pulled her down onto the floor with me. We were both sat there, in complete shock with me still firmly gripping her ankle. She never asked for me again...

I gave a very tall man a pedicure once. When I went to do the massage, his feet landed square in the middle of my boobs. Quite uncomfortable for both of us( well, maybe just me...lol). Anyway, I no longer do men's pedicures

I have a regular client who gets me to do manicures and pedicures on her 19 year old daughter when she's home from uni. I did her feet just before she went in sept and then again when she was home at Christmas. She hadn't touched her feet since, all she's find was plaster some nail polish over my existing gel polish. Her nails were so long and cheesy and smelt terrible. She found it hilarious and pauses me do she could snap chat a picture of her yellowing big toe nail to her mates. As soon as I got home I cut down my lovely long finger nails because I just felt I couldn't get them clean. Can't wait til Easter hols!!!

These are hysterical. I was chatting away to a client whilst trying to get toe separators in, not paying attention to what I was doing whilst talking. After a few moments I was "why are these blooming things not going in" only to discover the lady had webbed feet. I almost died. Only for her to say "Oh yes I have webbed toes" bloody hell she could of told me that before I started struggling with the separators. Any way we both laughed it off. Was quite funny.

I have a regular client who gets me to do manicures and pedicures on her 19 year old daughter when she's home from uni. I did her feet just before she went in sept and then again when she was home at Christmas. She hadn't touched her feet since, all she's find was plaster some nail polish over my existing gel polish. Her nails were so long and cheesy and smelt terrible. She found it hilarious and pauses me do she could snap chat a picture of her yellowing big toe nail to her mates. As soon as I got home I cut down my lovely long finger nails because I just felt I couldn't get them clean. Can't wait til Easter hols!!!

That is disgusting! I could deal with the fact that some people are just gross and leave there toe nails to grow and grow and apply layer after layer (usually glitter 😤) of polish. But to actually stop you to send a picture of her toe to her friends is just vile! It's like laughing in your face that you have to deal with that disgustingness!! I would be fully booked the next time she came in! Xx

I hope you wear gloves..ewww!

I have a few cheap gel brushes just for a few unsavory clients. I will put drops of Gelish or shellac on a stamping plate and brush it on with the gel brush. The thought of letting the bottle brushes touch them gross me out. When they leave the brush goes in the garbage and everything gets double cleaned.
I did a clients nails last Saturday. She sprained her ankle and couldn't leave her house so I came to her. I think I stepped in dog pee twice on the way to the kitchen table, her house stunk like a dirty clothes basket and my skin was just crawling. After I did her nails she insisted I have a tour of her house. The kitchen as full of dirty dishes with food all over them, not a clean spot on the kitchen floor. The basement was worse, full of dog pee and poo and the smell was enough to burn my nose and eyes. When I got home I stripped in the porch and all my clothes went into the wash and me into the shower. Never, ever again.

I have a few cheap gel brushes just for a few unsavory clients. I will put drops of Gelish or shellac on a stamping plate and brush it on with the gel brush. The thought of letting the bottle brushes touch them gross me out. When they leave the brush goes in the garbage and everything gets double cleaned.
I did a clients nails last Saturday. She sprained her ankle and couldn't leave her house so I came to her. I think I stepped in dog pee twice on the way to the kitchen table, her house stunk like a dirty clothes basket and my skin was just crawling. After I did her nails she insisted I have a tour of her house. The kitchen as full of dirty dishes with food all over them, not a clean spot on the kitchen floor. The basement was worse, full of dog pee and poo and the smell was enough to burn my nose and eyes. When I got home I stripped in the porch and all my clothes went into the wash and me into the shower. Never, ever again.

Good tip with the brushes!
Why would this woman give you a your of her house.. Esp in that state! Ew

Good tip with the brushes!
Why would this woman give you a your of her house.. Esp in that state! Ew

I have no idea, sad thing is she is also a real estate client. They have sold and bought a few houses from me and it's never been that gross. I suppose over time as it gets worse they just think it's normal? She's never been a good house keeper but this was beyond gross.

Latest posts

Back