Nothing lasts on hairdresser's nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hairdresser that I rent nail space from cant get on with Gel polish cause she's always got her hands in water without gloves.
Tried to get her to wear gloves but its not happening.

I read somewhere that you have to make sure when doing L&P the client has not had their hands in water for at least 3 hours as the nails will absorb the water, so if you then put acrylic on the nails will the shrink & that's when lifting occurs.

Don't know how true this is but I make sure when I do the backfills/new sets on her she hasn't had her hands in water that day.

I'm a hairdresser and I do my own nails using either shellac or gelcolor depending on what colour I fancy :) I get roughly 10 days out of mine, I do two top coats if I remember as my nails are quite bendy. But I do solar oil them regularly, make sure they're doing that as we've always got our hands in chemicals/water!

I too have a client who is a hairdresser. She's mobile and very busy so tends to nip and get her nails done when she and I have a gap to match.She can't keep them on for even a week, the tips start to lift then she inevitably can't resist the temptation to pick them all off. They do however come off in one piece so she never had to work hard to remove them. I don't have this problem with anyone else and having read through the comments on this thread I think it must be water content in the nail causing the problem. The explanation of it makes so much sense.
She's got a few days off soon and we are going to have another go after then, so fingers crossed as I don't want to admit defeat lol.

Latest posts

Back