Nourishing remover, why does this happen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxcetera

Reaction score
I've just soaked off shellac with bl smoothing gel underneath and this has happened. It's almost like my nails too porous and has soaked up all the remover and lifted my smile lines?
I used nourishing remover in wraps for 15 mins.
An 1403344424469.jpgy suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi there, it looks like your nail plates could be dehydrated. Did you definitely use solar oil regularly when you were wearing the Brisa Lite? :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Twice a day without fail ☺

I've just soaked off shellac with bl smoothing gel underneath and this has happened. It's almost like my nails too porous and has soaked up all the remover and lifted my smile lines?
I used nourishing remover in wraps for 15 mins.
AnView attachment 68444y suggestions?

Using IBX underneath will stop all of that.

I'm at a loss then. Hopefully someone with more experience with this will be along soon to offer better advice :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got a couple of clients whose nails get like this too and it baffles me. They use their SolarOil twice daily and I always use Nourishing Remover for 8-10mins to remove, NO scraping at all so no damage should be caused. I just don't get it...Shellac is supposed to be non-damaging if applied and removed correctly which I do. I appreciate we could add IBX to the treatment but it doesn't address why it's happening in the first place. Can anyone else shed some light?

Good questions and I'd love to know the reason for this too. I'd been wearing Shellac myself for months and I know I remove it properly, yet my nails are a mess. I have given them a few days without anything on them and it does make a huge difference but still, there are marks.

I've recently started wearing L&P and painting with Shellac just because of this problem I have.

Good questions and I'd love to know the reason for this too. I'd been wearing Shellac myself for months and I know I remove it properly, yet my nails are a mess. I have given them a few days without anything on them and it does make a huge difference but still, there are marks.

I've recently started wearing L&P and painting with Shellac just because of this problem I have.

I do the exact same for my own nails now, clients don't want l&p too though! It's frustrating as I'm constantly going on to clients how it doesn't damage your nails if applied, maintained and removed properly by a proffesional and then this happens and I've no idea how to explain it!

I do the exact same for my own nails now, clients don't want l&p too though! It's frustrating as I'm constantly going on to clients how it doesn't damage your nails if applied, maintained and removed properly by a proffesional and then this happens and I've no idea how to explain it!

Exactly! I can't explain it either!

I'm currently only doing my own nails due to being a carer for my son and with failing eyesight I can't see me ever being able to be a working nail tech again.
I can't invest in ix, so I've got back to hard gel enhancements.
Nothing else seems to stop my nails bending

I've got a couple of clients whose nails get like this too and it baffles me. They use their SolarOil twice daily and I always use Nourishing Remover for 8-10mins to remove, NO scraping at all so no damage should be caused. I just don't get it...Shellac is supposed to be non-damaging if applied and removed correctly which I do. I appreciate we could add IBX to the treatment but it doesn't address why it's happening in the first place. Can anyone else shed some light?

I'm the same! Seems my clients that actually use their oil have this!! And I know they are using it cause buying off my regularly, it's so annoying xx

I can guarantee this client is using solar oil twice a day..... its me ☺ it's like they've become porous n swollen up

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403462816.151605.jpg
Looks a lot like onycholysis. Discontinue use of the product ur using. Tea trea oil is great. It could be something else ur using but seems like the product doesn't agree with ur nails. Plus in all fairness acetone is terrible for ur nails. Can cause thinning of the nail plate
"The best way to avoid acetone damage is simply not to use a product that contains it. Acetone is a powerful chemical that not only quickly dissolves nail polish but is also used commercially to dissolve substances such as varnishes, paints, waxes, glues and plastics. According to the National Library of Medicine, exposure to high levels of acetone can cause headaches, fatigue, dizziness, nausea and nose, throat, lung and eye irritation. 
 Purchase nail polish removers that state on the label that they're acetone-free."
That's from a medical book!
I know a lot of us use this product but you need to be careful, it's a very harsh chemical
Xxx

By acetone, do you mean the cnd nourishing remover? If so, how else can you get shellac off?

You can't, just saying that acetone can be damaging. I don't use soak off products which of course carries its own problems because you have to be careful not to over buff the natural nail hen Infilling and removing it.I was just passing on some info to help you make ur decisions about what products u use etc. I would def recommend u not using that product anymore on any client who has this problem. Maybe research another product to suite those clients and urself. I find its handy to have a few different systems as every clients nails vary so much
Hope this was at least a little helpful
Xxx

Curios is the cnd's nourishing remover acetone free ?
Xxx

It is dehydration, this sometimes happens but is only temporary. With nails soaked in any liquid you need to be careful when soaking off. Even with the nourishing remover I still get white spots on only certain clients nails - not all. I did consult with S2 on this and it is what I were told. As we know CND Shellac/brisa lite have no need for buffing of the natural nail at any point of the procedure x

Curios is the cnd's nourishing remover acetone free ?
Xxx

All soak off removers contain acetone the Cnd nourishing contains "nourishing" properties to condition the nails and help with removal. X

All soak off removers contain acetone the Cnd nourishing contains "nourishing" properties to condition the nails and help with removal. X

That's what I thought, haven't used soak of products for ages so wondered if there was something new out
Xxx

Is it just white spotting on ur nails then because I thought u said it has lifted ur smile line ? Have I read that wrong. It looks in the picture too like ur nail plate had lifted from the bed ?
Xxx

Latest posts

Back