Nouvatan 20%

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I'm an avid Nouvatan therapist, I absolutely adore the product and have used St Tropez and Vanity - Nouvatan wins hands down on for so many reasons. Really glad certain person got banned, there really was no need!

I've never bought 20% and have been reading this post. Definitely going to try the sample pack. I agree regardless of the % Nouvatan never fails to look jaw-droppingly natural! My clients love it.

Is it possible for Nouvatan to post a thread on here with a definitive guide for 20% tan inc skin tones and development times with % equivalent please? Or does it come with guidance on development times etc?

Is it only the 20% that takes 24/48 hours to fully develop?

I did nouvatan 20% on thurs night. I left it on for 3 hours. I thought at first is was the colour of a 8% but by friday I would say it was more a 10% which is what I would normally get. I am still tanned! I am really impressed with this solution!

I seem to reply to all Nouvatan related threads haha i just cant get enough of the stuff... This is my friend after 8 hour full development time after wash off
4d563e16-6501-d8d6.jpg

OMG. I'm sooo excited I ordered my 20% yesterday so hopefully will be here tomorrow. Have had a few clients asking about it but not too sure how to answer their questions. They want to know how long to keep it on for. The thing is everyone is different, they have different skin tones, when someone says they want to be dark, their dark could be lighter than your dark iykwim lol. Sorry hopeless at explaining lol. I think I'm gonna try it myself first. I usually use the 8% so will leave it on for 2hrs. If its not right then will adjust time accordingly. Got butterflies even thinking about it eeeeeeeeeek!!!:) x

OMG. I'm sooo excited I ordered my 20% yesterday so hopefully will be here tomorrow. Have had a few clients asking about it but not too sure how to answer their questions. They want to know how long to keep it on for. The thing is everyone is different, they have different skin tones, when someone says they want to be dark, their dark could be lighter than your dark iykwim lol. Sorry hopeless at explaining lol. I think I'm gonna try it myself first. I usually use the 8% so will leave it on for 2hrs. If its not right then will adjust time accordingly. Got butterflies even thinking about it eeeeeeeeeek!!!:) x

Don't mean to sound stupid...but I've never heard of or been told of a tan that continues to develop after being washed off?? Is that how all tans work or how Nouvatan works?

Don't mean to sound stupid...but I've never heard of or been told of a tan that continues to develop after being washed off?? Is that how all tans work or how Nouvatan works?

All fast tans develop after wash off hun and most others deepen over the first 24 hours :) xxx

All fast tans develop after wash off hun and most others deepen over the first 24 hours :) xxx

Ok...erm...I'm just trying to clear this up in my head...at college I was told leave the tan on overnight....everytime I've had a tan I've done this but it usually comes out very very dark or even orange. I didn't realise that tans can darken over 24 hours...

Sorry if I sound stupid about it...so is this only with high % tans or all tans?

OK with a 'normal tan' you would apply the tan and then keep it on for the recommended development time of 6-8 hours or overnight. When you wash the guide colour off you will see the colour of your tan, this will deepen slightly over the next 12 or so hours.

With a fast or rapid tan the whole point is that you can wash off the solution quickly, so depending on what brand you buy the timings will be different but usually you can wash off after 2 hours for a light tan, 3-4 hours medium tan & 4-5 hours for a darker tan.

There are some fast/rapid tans that can be washed off as quickly as 30 minutes and others that can be left on overnight to achieve really dark tans.

When you wash off a fast tan you will see very little if any colour, the longer it's on the more colour you will see when you wash off. The tan continues to develop slowly after the solution has been washed off so the colour darkens over the first 12 hours or so and then deepends over the next 10 so that the full colour and depth of tan shows 24 hours after being sprayed on.

If you are being orange or too dark when keeping solution on overnight then you are using a percent too high for your skin and you need to go down to a lower percent or change brand or you could wash off the solution quicker to lessen it's development time, washing it off sooner can mean it doesn't last as long though so the first choice should be to go down to a lower percent.

OK with a 'normal tan' you would apply the tan and then keep it on for the recommended development time of 6-8 hours or overnight. When you wash the guide colour off you will see the colour of your tan, this will deepen slightly over the next 12 or so hours.

With a fast or rapid tan the whole point is that you can wash off the solution quickly, so depending on what brand you buy the timings will be different but usually you can wash off after 2 hours for a light tan, 3-4 hours medium tan & 4-5 hours for a darker tan.

There are some fast/rapid tans that can be washed off as quickly as 30 minutes and others that can be left on overnight to achieve really dark tans.

When you wash off a fast tan you will see very little if any colour, the longer it's on the more colour you will see when you wash off. The tan continues to develop slowly after the solution has been washed off so the colour darkens over the first 12 hours or so and then deepends over the next 10 so that the full colour and depth of tan shows 24 hours after being sprayed on.

If you are being orange or too dark when keeping solution on overnight then you are using a percent too high for your skin and you need to go down to a lower percent or change brand or you could wash off the solution quicker to lessen it's development time, washing it off sooner can mean it doesn't last as long though so the first choice should be to go down to a lower percent.

Hi Baggybear

Thanks for that. I felt like such a pill asking but that wasn't ever explained to us at our college tan class!! This is why I sometimes really dislike being mobile because this is the kind of stuff I might learn in a salon!

But thank you for taking the time to explain to me :)

C
x

Hi Baggybear

Thanks for that. I felt like such a pill asking but that wasn't ever explained to us at our college tan class!! This is why I sometimes really dislike being mobile because this is the kind of stuff I might learn in a salon!

But thank you for taking the time to explain to me :)

C
x
I'm mobile too. I just try to keep up to date with all the new things that arrive on the market all the time, this site is great with things like that.

Just so you all know.... Fabulous news..... Nouvatan now do 250ml bottles of the 20% :D now that's what you call good customer service when they listen to what their customers want :) xxx

Just so you all know.... Fabulous news..... Nouvatan now do 250ml bottles of the 20% :D now that's what you call good customer service when they listen to what their customers want :) xxx

Saw that!

Ordered some Nouvatan Samples today, looking forward to trying them out :)

Can anyone tell development times/results for skin tones if using the 20% as a rapid tan?

For example, I am proper nordic peely wally (as they say in Glasgow) and I usually get an 8%/10% tan on myself so for me I'd leave it on for maybe an hour or an hour and a half? What about for medium/dark/olive etc? Is there any info available on that?

I tan the...lady dancers...of the town, and they have showers in their club changing rooms so a rapid tan is a good idea for them I think.

Has anyone tested the 20% with any booster to deepen the tan or is that just a bad idea? I've seen tans that claim to develop in 30mins...

Can anyone tell development times/results for skin tones if using the 20% as a rapid tan?

For example, I am proper nordic peely wally (as they say in Glasgow) and I usually get an 8%/10% tan on myself so for me I'd leave it on for maybe an hour or an hour and a half? What about for medium/dark/olive etc? Is there any info available on that?

I tan the...lady dancers...of the town, and they have showers in their club changing rooms so a rapid tan is a good idea for them I think.

Has anyone tested the 20% with any booster to deepen the tan or is that just a bad idea? I've seen tans that claim to develop in 30mins...

Anyone any ideas?

:)

Latest posts

Back