Nouvatan 8%, do you use it much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmalou91x

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently changed from LA Tan to Nouvatan, only done a tan on my mum so far, and my friend tanned me today using the 8% which i would normally have the LA 10 gold as i am very pale. I am thinking the 8% is quite light and dont really want it to go to waste.

Do you use 8% much on clients?

My most popular % is 12.
I always have 8 in stock though I have a few that prefer a very natural/soft looking tan.
You can always buy your least used %'s in 500ml and your most popular in 1L.
Hth's :)

I havent seen any nouvatan in 500ml? I bought 3 litres 8%, 10%, 12%. but was going to see if they could maybe swap the 8% to 10% (as i havent touched it at all) just used the 8% sample and was going to see if i culd buy some sample size 8%.

I mostly use the 8% to mix other percentages so I always buy it but I don't often use it as an 8% if that makes sense. I've only used it on my brides, and my mum!

Yes it does make sense thank you, i suppose i could mix it with the 12 to make a 10% if i find im really not using the 8% much.

Do you mix half/half and does it come out the same as 10% bottle? x

8% is the most popular %, I find.

Yes it does make sense thank you, i suppose i could mix it with the 12 to make a 10% if i find im really not using the 8% much.

Do you mix half/half and does it come out the same as 10% bottle? x

Yes you do half and half of each solution. So I use the 8 with a 12 to make 10, and the 8 with a 20 to make a 14. So I find it is an essential solution in my kit just not on its own :) I've seen one other geek on here comment that mixing is ok as a short term measure if you run out of solution but its not good to do it all the time. I'm not sure why though, I've done it since my training almost a year ago. I only ever buy 8, 12 & 20 and mix them.

As far as I know the 8 and 12 mix up the same as a 'real' 10 because Nouvatan say its fine to mix them. I imagine they wouldn't say this if it didn't. However I have never bought a bottle of 10 to actually compare xx

I use it on brides, some new clients & always on myself as i'm so pale x

I didn't think I would but I have used it more than I thought for me my most popular is 10% but have used 8% a few times on very pale skin and older clients. I would say definitely worth having in stock as you never know who might book :)

Latest posts

Back