Nouvatan vs Xen-Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie99

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

i'm thinking of changing from Xen-Tan (used for 2 years) to Nouvatan and I have just ordered some samples but I have a couple of questions I wondered if you could help with....

With Xen-Tan its one colour for all, I was trained the darker they want it the more coats you apply. So with nouvatan would i just go over once if it was any %?

Secondly what are your most popular %'s?

And lastly ive read through a couple of post on here reference mixing different % to give another with Nouvatan, is this right? if so how does it work?

Thanks

xxx

Hi, I'm going to switch to Nouvatan when I do my next spray tan order. I have trialled the 8% and 12% and the feeback was good, better than Fake Bake who I currently use. Having looked at threads on here and posts on the Nouvatan facebook page, you can mix the solutions to get a different %. I intend to buy 10% & 14% which I can mix to 12%. I only sprayed once when using the sample and the results were lovely, I used between 35 & 40 ml which is a huge difference to what I need to use for Fake Bake. And the customer service was great, Dawn was extremely helpful when I phoned to ask questions etc. HTH

Hi, I use nouvatan and it's great. Everyone loves it-great fade off. You can mix equal quantities of 8% and 12% to get 10% and as the previous poster said you can do the same with 10 and 14 to get 12. I'm completely new to tanning but I've found it so easy and no patches or problems at all. Plus the customer service is second to none. Hth x

Hi I use nouvatan, I'm new to tanning but people who have had tans before have commented on how they love the colour and how it looks so natural. My most popular %age is 8% but I think that's cos it's winter and people want more of a natural looking tan rather than it really obvious they have just been sprayed. As the weather warms up I think 10 & 12 will be my most popular and probably won't use 8 much!! Yes you only need to spray them once. You must have been using lots of solution if someone wanted a darker tan?! X

The equation for mixing solutions is:

percent plus percent equals total. That total divided by 2 equals new percent.

So:

8% + 16% = 24........24 / 2 = 12%
10% + 16 % = 26......26 / 2 = 13%
13% + 8% = 21........21 / 2 = 10.5%

You can mix as little or as much as you like as long as the amounts are equal (MUST always be equal amounts) you could mix up 20ml of each solution and get 40ml new percent (enough for just 1 tan) or you could mix up 1/2 a litre of each solution and get yourself a lire of the new percent.

Excellent thanks everyone esp for mixing bit.

Yes do use a lot sometime I go over 2-3 times

Is 8% very popular? I was thinking of getting 8/10 and 12? Xx

Excellent thanks everyone esp for mixing bit.

Yes do use a lot sometime I go over 2-3 times

Is 8% very popular? I was thinking of getting 8/10 and 12? Xx

From reading other posts on here I don't think other people find 8% their most popular. Just me! Ha ha I think u should definitely get an 8 as new customers who haven't had a spray tan before usually want the lightest to start off with and they love it! Then they can decide if they want to go darker next time. Whereas if they went too dark 1st time it is more likely to scare them off getting a tan again x

From reading other posts on here I don't think other people find 8% their most popular. Just me! Ha ha I think u should definitely get an 8 as new customers who haven't had a spray tan before usually want the lightest to start off with and they love it! Then they can decide if they want to go darker next time. Whereas if they went too dark 1st time it is more likely to scare them off getting a tan again x

I have also found 8 the most popular but I agree about it being a winter thing and also first time caution! I had one girl start at 8 and she's now moved up to a 10. X

We have just changed over to Aztec Bronze Tanning Solution. We have previously used all the top name brands in our salon, but this solution really does tick all the boxes, great colour, dries quick, genuine 7 day tan and we have found the service second to none.

Although tanning solutions come in different strengths, your skin will only absorb so much DHA.

Xen-Tan do not work on DHA percentages - the formula is designed to react with the melanin in your skin, which means your skin will only absorb as much DHA as the body/pores will allow - the rest will wash off when you rinse your guide colour.

The key differences between tanning products is not only about the level of DHA - by putting too much DHA into a product you can create a very unnatural “rusty” look and dry out the skin. It really is about getting the right level of DHA, and a good balance of moisturisers, as well as getting the fragrance right. Xen-Tan's solution also includes a time-release ingredient called Lexorez, which slows down the development process, which helps to eliminate the orange, dry and patchy results normally associated with self tans.

As we only produce one percentage of solution which is paraben free, it means you do not have to start buying different litres of solution (most of which have a 6 month shelf life and can go off before you have used them all)

If you have clients that want to achieve a darker colour, we are now offering Mist Concentrate Drops, which enhance the colour of the solution, making it deeper and more intense. You can add 30ml to a full gallon of solution or 15ml to half a gallon of solution.

Hope that helps any interested Xen-Tan users out there.

I trained with Nouvatan recently and was told during training that the skin only absorbs so much product and that spraying with their solution twice means you are using more solution than necesary and more solution on the body=more chance of streaks and problems with not drying properly etc. Also it means your solution doesn't go so far equalling more outlayand wastage.
Sometimes i will give a quick 2nd light mist over the face which fades quicker than other areas to make the client happier. Also after spraying i get them to turn around so i can check all over and see if there are any areas than look lighter or that i may have overlooked-and I've found if i get my spray distance and the machine spray perfect so theres a nice fine mist i am able to mist areas i feel need an extra bit of spray without any wetness or product overload. I'm guessing your more experienced than me though so this is a step you wouldn't need to do:o
I have 8 and 12 and mix them in equal amounts to make a 10 (making sure they are thouroughly mixed) though after a recent conversation with Sienna X helpline whist making sample enquiries they said they don't advise mixing as it could cause an uneven result-has anyone else found this? I've been mixing nouvatan with no problems though.They also do the booster drops to add to the solution -i think about 10 drops=1% increase.

Latest posts

Back