Now Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel has gone, what else can we use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitkat84

Reaction score
So since CND Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel was released I have loved it and so have my clients.

Im coming to end of my last pot and went to purchase more from Sweet Squared and it must have now been discontinued as it hasnt been in stock for a while.

So what can we use as an alternative please? Some advice needed here.

Thanks in advance.

So since CND Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel was released I have loved it and so have my clients.

Im coming to end of my last pot and went to purchase more from Sweet Squared and it must have now been discontinued as it hasnt been in stock for a while.

So what can we use as an alternative please? Some advice needed here.

Thanks in advance.

Cant find the smoothing gel either! has it been discontinued?

Cant find the smoothing gel either! has it been discontinued?
Yes it's been discontinued. They have now launched a new top coat, Duraforce, specifically to add strength for weaker nails.

CND have just this week launched a new top coat called Duraforce which is specifically for nails which need extra protection.
http://www.sweetsquared.com/CND-Shellac-Duraforce-Top-Coat-7-3ml-0-25fl-oz

Brisa was magic at keeping shellac from peeling off weak/prone to peeling nails (my own included). With Duraforce being a top coat I'm hesitant to assume it will do the same. Does anyone have any experience with this new product? The big problem that Brisa fixed for me was that shallac would peel off (taking a layer of nail with it) within a week on some, causing sever damage and nails that couldn't grow. Brisa corrected this and helped nails grow longer and stronger since layers were no longer peeling off the nail. Mow that it's off the market I'm desperate for something that will strengthen the nail is it did.

Thank you in advance for any feedback on products you've tried as Brisa replacements!

Calgel IZ gel for me, good results

Calgel IZ gel for me, good results

I agree with you however pls be aware they two completely separate products gels.
IZ gel is not the same as Calgel, nor are they made by the same company or people. She just relabels Calgel in her labels but she created IZ gel herself it's a very awesome product.

I love IZ gel to use under my gel polish on client's prone to lifting or weak natural nails but they don't want acrylic or pure gel, so using IZ gel really helps, and I like the fact it is led curable which my gel polishes are also so I use just one lamp.

I'm having very good results with Duraforce on weak nails that don't hold onto shellac well.
Try this:
Base
Duraforce
Colour
Duraforce

I agree with you however pls be aware they two completely separate products gels.
IZ gel is not the same as Calgel, nor are they made by the same company or people. She just relabels Calgel in her labels but she created IZ gel herself it's a very awesome product.

I love IZ gel to use under my gel polish on client's prone to lifting or weak natural nails but they don't want acrylic or pure gel, so using IZ gel really helps, and I like the fact it is led curable which my gel polishes are also so I use just one lamp.
Yes your absolutely right, I should have just said IZ GEL, getting sleepy on a Sunday night!

Where shellac used to last around a week on my own nails, I'm able to get 10 - 12 days with zero chips now that I'm using Duraforce.
After 14 days I had 8 nails that looked perfect, just my two weakest nails that never last.
Definitely a much better result for weak nails but still not able to get a full 2 weeks with perfect nails unfortunately.

I was worried about the longer removal time, but on two of my clients (using heated mitts) it came off with ease after 10 minutes. Happy days!

Latest posts

Back