NSI Balance Gel - Cutting Tips.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

* Nail Freak *

Reaction score
Hi all, i have done a search but haven't found much info on this so sorry if this has been mentioned before. I am using the nsi balance gel at the moment, on the educational dvd you are shown a tip and overlay (natural tips) you are shown to cut away the well area and place tip directly on to the smile line (no further blending required). i know that this will make the enhancement 'weaker' than if the tip was blended, what i would like to know is if anyone uses this technique, if there are any problems or not, thanks for your time! thanks in advance

xxhugsxx

Hi.... I have the dvd also... And Im wondering, when she does nno, she removes tacky residue and then put gloss straight on - no buff or anything?

I have learned that gloss only sticks to 1. buffed nail or 2. tacky residue??

Hiya

I am also using the Balance Gels and I don't cut away the well either - I did try, however, I could never get an even smile so I just blend my NSI tips as usual.

I do also buff lightly after the first coating of gel as I found that it just builds up and builds up and when filing at the end, it takes longer.

I am really happy with my results with the gel and I have one client who has been having L & P and I actually offered to let her try the gels at a discounted rate and she said that she won't be using the L & P ever again, as she says the gels feel a lot lighter on the nail. I also did my sisters and they have lasted really well too and for some reason, they are growing

Two friends booked in for next week but they said they wanted L & P as gels were rubbish, and a few people have said that to me. I wonder why?

I've just got this kit about 3 weeks ago and watched the DVD. I tried cutting out the well, but I too couldn't get the smile line right so gave up and blended which i think is better.

I used raptors on a mate last night to see how these worked with it. They are well less tips and have a brill smile line already.

I find it really easy to file, it seems quite a soft gel if that makes sense, it files easy.

I have been sticking to the builder gel mainly and find that it is easy to get the right shape before curing so filing is only a light buff before the finish gel goes on.

Most of my clients have silk so I too have been offering gels at a discounted rate as they all say gels are crap. One or two have tried them and love them, especially as you can use the crushed shell etc for nail art.

I did a set with crushed shell last night but cant post pic.

Rachel

Thanks for your replies, i think the best way to see if it does work is to try it so thats what i am going to do! just to see how long it lasts! I am really liking this gels i think they are fab! plus i think they smell great!!..lol (or i that just me??)btw caroline what l&p are you using? i'm using simplicite at the moment but i must admit i do like the gel alot more! (maybe because its easier!!)

Daredevil, i was thinking that to about the nno because it doesnt look completely 'even' at the end, (well with me doing it it wouldnt!!- Still practising) maybe file and shape and put on finish clear? just an idea x

Hugs xxxx

I had a visit from a rep from NSI and they have now changed the way they teach. NSI now recommend that tips be blended, and not to cut out the well and stick to the end of the nail. HTH.

Thanks joe90 xxx

Hiya

I'm using the Light Fantastic L & P from NSI. I love it but the gels are brilliant!!! I also love the smell!! After using the gels all week it felt really strange to go back to the L & P.

I'm pleased NSI now recommend NOT cutting the tip, that was so fiddly and I was using curved scissors but the well looked so rough and when trying to file it neat again.. I really screwed up!!!

Need to order some more Gel cleanse stuff from NSI, as I've run out!!

xx

CadenceAlex said:
I do also buff lightly after the first coating of gel as I found that it just builds up and builds up and when filing at the end, it takes longer.
there shouldn't really be any need to buff/file until after you've finished the builder application, it comes down to perfecting techniques. If you shape the gel with your brush you should only have minimal filing/buffing when you're finishing.
Once you get the nail shape you want then do a 10 second cure to hold the gel in place while you move on to the next nail.

Two friends booked in for next week but they said they wanted L & P as gels were rubbish, and a few people have said that to me. I wonder why?
they've probably been misinformed by a tech who isn't proficient at gel application, no system is rubbish if it's applied correctly, whether it's fibreglass, gel or L+P.
hth's

ValencianNails said:

:eek: I just remembered... I was putting them under for 90 seconds a go!!

CadenceAlex said:
:eek: I just remembered... I was putting them under for 90 seconds a go!!
is that per individual nail?
it won't affect the finished shape though, you get that with brush control and the right technique.

try working on one or two nails at a time, as soon as you get the desired shape then freeze cure for 10 seconds, carry on to the next ones, then do your full cure on all four nails.

ValencianNails said:
is that per individual nail?
it won't affect the finished shape though, you get that with brush control and the right technique.

try working on one or two nails at a time, as soon as you get the desired shape then freeze cure for 10 seconds, carry on to the next ones, then do your full cure on all four nails.

I was doing four nails then putting them under, like with acrylic... have i made a big mistake?

CadenceAlex said:
I was doing four nails then putting them under, like with acrylic... have i made a big mistake?
i wouldn't call it a big mistake, however, the gel you apply on the first finger you work on has more time to settle and lose it's shape if you're not freeze curing to hold the shape.
gel is a completely different medium to work with than L+P, due to its viscosity it will pool or run and lose it's shape if left to it's own devices, if you see what I mean... you can't treat it the same as L+P.

ValencianNails said:
i wouldn't call it a big mistake, however, the gel you apply on the first finger you work on has more time to settle and lose it's shape if you're not freeze curing to hold the shape.
gel is a completely different medium to work with than L+P, due to its viscosity it will pool or run and lose it's shape if left to it's own devices, if you see what I mean... you can't treat it the same as L+P.

Thanking you very much Sandi.. I understand!!!

Latest posts

Back