NSI Balance removal, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimberley-r

Reaction score
Hi, I trained in gels just under a year ago however didn't do anything with it. Recently I have decided to try and practice doing gels to get my confidence up. During my training I used NSI balance gel, and that is what I have bought to practice with.

I know it's a 'buff off gel' but I'm struggling with it. I'm using a file around 150-180 to buff it off, but it does feel like it's coming off and is taking ages to do just one nail.

I've only practiced on myself so far. I want to remove them so I can practice again to get my confidence up before I practice on other people.

Just feel at the end of my tether trying to buff it off and not not happening. It's just overlays, not tips. Can anyone help me please? X

Also when I'm filing them they are lifting at the bottom which is making me so tempted just to peel them off but I know how damaging that is. Starting to think I've made the complete we of decision going with a hard gel now :( but I was told by my trainer it's good for your nails!

Can anyone help I'm buffing away at my nails and nothing is happening except lifting around the sides x

Dont stress! I used and trained with nsi balance. This is how I have always removed mine and its worked fine.
Trim down the tip as far as you can to either natural nails (heard some debate about trimming nails and damaging the nail plate. But my trainer said this was ok so I always have done)

White block to initially take the shine off and then move to a 180 boomerang file and file it down it does take ages and use the block to even out. Be carful as you get closer to the natural nail then switch to the four sided block and use that to finish off.
Dont be disheartened it does take a while
If anyone knows an easier way I eould love to know also!

I start using a 150 grit file first to remove most of it, then move to 180 grit then 240 grit the closer I get to the natural nail. I use NSI Balance gel and I do find it easier to remove than some of the other gels my clients arrive with when they've had their nails done at another salon.

Buffing any brand of hard gel off is time consuming and I find it takes longer do my own than others' nails as the angle is different. You do get quicker with practice. Don't be disheartened.

Also, and I know it sounds basic, make sure it's a good quality file that hasn't been worn down too much. A new/new-ish file makes it far easier and faster than one that has been worn down.

Hope that helps

Try a 100 grit file to get the bulk of it off, then a 180 when your nearing the nail plate to avoid over filing, I struggled with this too, felt I was getting no where with the filing, you'll get into your own routine and fly through them with plenty of practice.
I have since done an electric file course, 10 minutes & I'm ready to refill

Thanks everyone :) I've been filing for ages now and got most of it off just a few scuffs where it's lifted :( glad I did it on myself though, I was scared of damaging anybody's else's nails.

I'm sure it'll get faster with practice. I hated acrylics so decided to try gel instead but seems just as hard. Easier to put on much harder to get off! X

Are you allowed to use electric files? I heard somewhere you're not. That would be so handy if it could come off in ten minutes though. I like gel as it's easier to apply and if it goes wrong it doesn't set like acrylic so you can just wipe off and start again! X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398448842.883225.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398448874.998121.jpg
Managed to get it all off but a couple of my nails are a bit scuffed. Ah well I'll live and learn. It was a bit awkward because it was lifting as I was filing x

I'm based in ROI I only trained in gels & did electric file course additionally with the same company, my insurance company also covers it :) sooo handy!

Latest posts

Back