NSI coloured acrylic + glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbee

Reaction score
I have just used some NSI technicolour 'glistening sea' and I was pretty upset as the colour was just not consistant and came out pretty translucent in places. I couldnt do the tips any thicker without them looking too bulky.
Can anyone recommend a better brand? or is it just this colour? the lady didnt seem over bothered, but she did say that she preferred the stick on glitter tips as they looked all the same colour :( (after all my hard work extending the nail bed and making them look more natural too)

I haven't used Glistening Sea but I use Maliblu, Tourmaline, Amethyst and Crystals an awful lot for glitters, and loads of the coloured ones for alternative french or 3D art... mine have never been patchy.

Remember that when working with coloured acrylic your mix ratio needs to he a little dryer - could you possibly have been working too wet?

xx

im looking into buying this 'kit' as i only have the white, pink and clear (still learning). is it worth the buy/do alot of clients ask for this?x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

I use NSI coloured acrylic and never had a problem, as said you do have to work a little drier with it for a dark even colour unless you want to do a graduated colour which you would need a little wetter, but not as wet as you would use for clear etc.. It's a learning curve and I would practice on some nails, that's what I did till could do some in a row all even in colour.

Hth :)

I too work with nearly every color in the NSI acrylic line and never have any problems with patchiness.

It sound to me like your problem is not getting your mix ratio consistent with each bead of color you are picking up.
The wetter the bead the less opaque the color will be.

I can't fault NSI's acrylic line on any level, it's not NSI's product that is the problem here cause if it was the product, the entire nail will be see through, just work on getting that mix ratio more defined and I'm positive it will solve all the problems you are having.

Just a quick post! Sometimes when I get a "glistening" powder from NSI I give it a wee shake because the glitter (uhh molecules/particles??) are larger so rise to the top a little during transport, but it's never been a problem :) xx

Latest posts

Back