NSI problems? Help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabbieriot

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been trained in gels for a few years now and have trained with bio sculpture and various other brands, I have just gone freelance after a few years in a salon and have moved over to NSI balance gels, really like the product and was all going well however over the past few weeks alot of my gel sets have been cracking, chipping and peeling within a few days? If anyone can give be some help on where I may be going wrong I would really appriecate it!
Thanks xx

What's your prep like? Are you using the correct lamp for the system? Are you using the right procedures (dehydrate, prime, lock-in layer, thicker layers, file finish, glaze n' go)?

Tell us more about how you perform the service.

Also, you say everything was fine up until a couple of weeks ago - do your bulbs need replacing?

xxx

If you haven't changed your way of working / products and as you said previously you haven't had this problem ; then I would suggest that your bulbs need changing.

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

thanks for the input, preps the standard as you've said and I changed the bulbs a few days ago!
What do you use for your base gel as im using builder gel, two coats of colour gel and then finishing gel, the glaze and go, this is what i was trained to do by a previous employer and they never seemed to have a problems.
Thanks!! X

thanks for the input, preps the standard as you've said and I changed the bulbs a few days ago!
What do you use for your base gel as im using builder gel, two coats of colour gel and then finishing gel, the glaze and go, this is what i was trained to do by a previous employer and they never seemed to have a problems.
Thanks!! X

Hi, you don't use finish gel AND glaze and go, you use one or the other as they are both the top gloss. This is where I reckon your problems are coming from. Hth xx

Hi,
I have been trained in gels for a few years now and have trained with bio sculpture and various other brands, I have just gone freelance after a few years in a salon and have moved over to NSI balance gels, really like the product and was all going well however over the past few weeks alot of my gel sets have been cracking, chipping and peeling within a few days? If anyone can give be some help on where I may be going wrong I would really appriecate it!
Thanks xx

This sounds like a typical case of not enough structure to the nail and going on your other post about what steps you apply in, then I would say this is your problem.
You can use your Balance Clear to do your thin base layer, then use your Balance Builder Clear gel to build the structure of the nail and the apex, then apply either one or 2 coats of color (depending on the color) and then either use your Balance Finish Clear or Glaze n' Go (I prefer Glaze n' Go).
The Balance colors are not for building a nail, they are for color purposes as their viscosity is not thick enough to build an enhancement correctly.
The Balance Clear is used for your base layer and for applying a layer for NNO's, it is not strong enough to build the enhancement.
The Balance Builder clear however, is the one you use to build the enhancement as it is a thicker viscosity than the Balance Clear.
It can be a bit confusing but once you learn your products and the difference between them, it's easy to know which ones you need to use for what.

Gel usually crack, chips and peels off when it is applied to thin and/or your UV bulbs need changing or a bit of both.

Latest posts

Back