NSI Secrets Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollysRose

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried the NSI Secrets Soak Off Gel? I've searched for threads but can't seem to find much. If you've tried it and what your thoughts are? I'm doing my Gel Nail Extension course on Sunday, so I'd like to get a kit to practice with. Only thing is, I don't have enough money to buy two or three different Gel products. I'd have to buy one Gel kit and use it on my clients, so hoping to find something good. I know Brisa Lite is suppose to be really good but wanted to know people's thoughts on this new NSI one.
:)

I've just received my trial kit, done some extensions on my daughter last night, nice to work with but can't comment on how it lasts yet.. 😄

I have received my kit and have only tried it on myself at the moment, I am Calgel trained and was looking for another system to offer along side maybe a little stronger even though I find Calgel strong enough for me at least, the sculpts I did were strong, but I did have lifting, I will use my kit and try a few more sets on other people but I will stay with my Calgel, as its easy to remove and I only need the one gel and none of the fuse, base etc so where as Calgel maybe a little more expensive it probably isn't when you take in to account of the other bits I would have to keep replacing. I did like the coloured gel, went on in one coat and removed easy enough but the sculpted nails took a while to remove, not the easiest of gels to file and I dont use efiles if you do that might not be a problem for you. Worth a try but I feel I may have wasted my money as I use a good product already, but you never know unless you try and after all this is only my opinion and someone else may tell you differently. I may even tell you differently after playing with it for a while lol

I use Calgel to, I keep trying new things but always go back, I think I'm going to feel the same 😄

I use Calgel to, I keep trying new things but always go back, I think I'm going to feel the same 😄

just a quick question, as you use Calgel, you know the Calcrystal UV topcoat we apply to stop yellowing etc is there anything else I can use that you know of to do the same job, just that it makes my nails look a little blueish, could be just me but just wondered if there was anything else I could use, not that I have had a problem with yellowing not yet anyway. I do like Calgel not so keen on the new IZ gel as it takes me ages to remove for some reason, I know a lot of techs like it, again its more likely its just me lol. Oh and whats your most popular Calgel colours as I am going mobile and wanted to buy a few, I also use Cuccio veneers so have a reasonable amount of their colours but feel I should offer a few in Calgel and not restrict myself to just french. Thanks x

just a quick question, as you use Calgel, you know the Calcrystal UV topcoat we apply to stop yellowing etc is there anything else I can use that you know of to do the same job, just that it makes my nails look a little blueish, could be just me but just wondered if there was anything else I could use, not that I have had a problem with yellowing not yet anyway. I do like Calgel not so keen on the new IZ gel as it takes me ages to remove for some reason, I know a lot of techs like it, again its more likely its just me lol. Oh and whats your most popular Calgel colours as I am going mobile and wanted to buy a few, I also use Cuccio veneers so have a reasonable amount of their colours but feel I should offer a few in Calgel and not restrict myself to just french. Thanks x

I only use the blue topcoat in the summer or when people go abroad, I don't use any top coats.. I do use the iz gel as its way better than the normal clear, it's a lot stronger and no yellowing or blue tint.. I file off the top layer before soaking as that speeds it up a bit.. I find the Browns very popular, I'm not at home so can't c my colours, pomarita is very popular.. When I started I bought a colour from each shade, a red, pink, blue etc.. X

Thanks for your replies. I'll take a look at Calgel, I never thought about them at the time. I only had Brisa Lite and NSI on my mind! Can Calgel be cured with a CND Lamp? This is the only lamp I have at the moment.

When u do the course with them u have to have the kit, the lamp is included.. I've never used any other lamp so I'm not sure.. 😄

Thanks for your replies. I'll take a look at Calgel, I never thought about them at the time. I only had Brisa Lite and NSI on my mind! Can Calgel be cured with a CND Lamp? This is the only lamp I have at the moment.

Hi Holly,

If you would like some more info on Calgel then please do let me know :)

Alison

Hi Holly,

If you would like some more info on Calgel then please do let me know :)

Alison

Latest posts

Back