NSS question please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tip Toes

Reaction score
Hi all fellow techs :D

Could any of my lovely tech friends help me please? I have a client that went away for 6 weeks whilst there she had a new set on, i have no problem with that. However this customer is a defo 2-3 weeker and always breaks 1, now here is the problem she has had them on 7 weeks and although very long none have budged? From here description I would suspect (NOT DEFO how could I be) it is NSS/MMA. What do I do with this set and I don't want to tell her what I suspect, but is their any literature about these types of salon that I can quote or let her look at to make her own mind up. I know that she now wonders why she has to visit me so often :sad: I do have customers that do go 4+ weeks in between rebalance no problem but this customer is defo a 2-3, I am confused. Now I wonder is it me :?:

the reason they stay on so well is because of the way the nail is prepped.
mma needs a really rough surface to adhere to so the natural nail is filed very severely to facilitate bonding.

so as they last longer the price is paid by the condition of the natural nail.

additionally the mma will be very rigid and when it is exposed to bumps and knocks it will not flex or break like good ema acrylic. and this is where the real danger lies, when you combine the severly weakened nail plate with the strong acrylic, what do you think is going to give when there is impact on the nail?

you guessed it, the nail plate may be torn from the nailplate and cause huge amounts of damage to the client. so ask your client, would they rather break an acrylic nail or tear their own nail out of the nailbed?

the best way for you to proceed in the salon is not to soak off the nail and expose the damaged nail plate, but to file down the existing acrylic as much as you can and gradually replace it with your own product each time you perform a maitenance proceedure.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply :D Very helpfull information.

Latest posts

Back