Nu Skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie Pretty Pampers

Reaction score
Anyone else getting bombarded with these pyramid scheme emails and facebook messages daily like I am?

My fiancé has a distributor account with NuSkin, and their products sell really well in our Salon.

I think their products are amazing however the cold sell is a pain! Every day I get about 3 people inbox me!

I think all Network Marketing products are like that, we don't bother with the building a team aspect of it too much we just focus on the retail of the products.

Use it to your advantage and turn it around on them. I offer people selling items to rent the Salon out evenings/Sunday's to do events. Those doing Herbalife to do weigh ins, hold business opportunity meetings etc.

I have just joined with forever living but I'm wondering if I've done the right think as I also use eve Taylor and get more profit from that but I was taken in by how well
The girl I spoke to
Does with forever, she has given her job up and has a Range Rover just from forever living??what are your thoughts on this?

I have just joined with forever living but I'm wondering if I've done the right think as I also use eve Taylor and get more profit from that but I was taken in by how well
The girl I spoke to
Does with forever, she has given her job up and has a Range Rover just from forever living??what are your thoughts on this?
If you believe that you'll believe anything. It's a multi level marketing scheme. The only way to make money is to get people to 'join your team' and make money based on the amount of products they sell. The problem is Forever Living is widely available. I believe if anyone mentioned it on there personal Facebook, they would find someone they know selling it. It floods loads of the selling pages on Facebook.

I have a client who is doing amazingly with forever but at the end of the day it's a multi level marketing product. It becomes your business if you're going to succeed at it so you become an upline. You recruit your team. They recruit their team and you benefit from all the recruits whilst still selling and recruiting.

Mlm products can be bought by your clients with no training or experience. They can buy the start up pack just like you for around £200. The profit on products sold starts at 25% so well below pro products.

I'm constantly bombarded with mainly forever products but I'm a beauty salon and I'm a business. I certainly don't want a 'team' and I don't want products that any Tom, Dick or Harry can buy. I want professional products that provide me not only with great results, but with great training, great mark up and exclusivity.

Vic x

I've had them all contacting me, gets on my nerves - another new one MyShowcase, they are all the same, it seems to be mums at home doing the parties with no beauty experience at all, much like Avon/Virgin vie/younique/FM the list goes on lol

I have a client who is doing amazingly with forever but at the end of the day it's a multi level marketing product. It becomes your business if you're going to succeed at it so you become an upline. You recruit your team. They recruit their team and you benefit from all the recruits whilst still selling and recruiting.

Mlm products can be bought by your clients with no training or experience. They can buy the start up pack just like you for around £200. The profit on products sold starts at 25% so well below pro products.

I'm constantly bombarded with mainly forever products but I'm a beauty salon and I'm a business. I certainly don't want a 'team' and I don't want products that any Tom, Dick or Harry can buy. I want professional products that provide me not only with great results, but with great training, great mark up and exclusivity.

Vic x

Exactly Vic x

They all send the same jargon sales pitch! Thing is I think these companies ruin business if anything as people start to think you are just a sales monkey who will pester them!

Cannot be dealing with these companies! Forever, juiceplus younique etc if I wanted their over priced hyped products I'd get myself x

They drive me mental!! They all copy and paste the same thing too which if I can be bothered to reply I tell them! Sometimes I ignore, sometimes I politely say thanks but no thanks, sometimes I'm rude if they get me at the wrong time!!!

I am a Forever Living distributor and I do not bombard people with messages to buy products or sign up. I post on Facebook on a regular basis about my life style, how I enjoy the products etc but I never ever bombard people with huge messages telling them they should join. I love the products and that's what I put on Facebook. I don't have a team and I don't push for one either, I like to talk to people I know about the products that I've used and them to be interested. I find it ridiculous when people say they are sick or tired of messages from distributors. We are all making a living here. Some people earn a lot of money from Forever Living, some people earn a lot of money from a regular office job. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's a choice that a distributor makes. The extra money is a bonus of course, but I'm in the business because I love the products and they do work! I don't beg people to buy from me or join my team, I just like to show people results from the products such as when I did the clean 9 and lost weight.

I am a Forever Living distributor and I do not bombard people with messages to buy products or sign up. I post on Facebook on a regular basis about my life style, how I enjoy the products etc but I never ever bombard people with huge messages telling them they should join. I love the products and that's what I put on Facebook. I don't have a team and I don't push for one either, I like to talk to people I know about the products that I've used and them to be interested. I find it ridiculous when people say they are sick or tired of messages from distributors. We are all making a living here. Some people earn a lot of money from Forever Living, some people earn a lot of money from a regular office job. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's a choice that a distributor makes. The extra money is a bonus of course, but I'm in the business because I love the products and they do work! I don't beg people to buy from me or join my team, I just like to show people results from the products such as when I did the clean 9 and lost weight.

Well you are one of a minority that doesn't bombard businesses with FB messages emails etc. I once had over 20 various FB messages from MLM reps - trouble is if you don't reply to fb messages then it shows potential clients this on your page so you can imagine how un impressed I was having to send a polite decline message to everyone when I could be concentrating on my own clients & business. [emoji4]

I get contacted daily by companies and they just don't take no for an answer! I am mobile and I went to do a pamper party the other day for the host to simply try and sell me her products... Awkward. I also think it's not great (to put it lightly) that most people that start these schemes have no experience within the industry. So many people seem to think I won't go to a salon because I can simply buy the products and diy. I think it's ruining our industry.

Well you are one of a minority that doesn't bombard businesses with FB messages emails etc. I once had over 20 various FB messages from MLM reps - trouble is if you don't reply to fb messages then it shows potential clients this on your page so you can imagine how un impressed I was having to send a polite decline message to everyone when I could be concentrating on my own clients & business. [emoji4]

This is to the person the response above is for: I have a client who is now a distributor I said I "may" try a product (out of politeness) now I keep getting texts and messages every day from her asking when I want to bu it sends me the catalougue! it is cold calling!!!!
Sorry to the lady who is a distributor, but I am not apologising for my opinion on you, I know you are trying to make a living but by doing so stop being hungry for quick sucess, a good business takes years to succeed in!!! These companies and schemes try to get you to sell quickly no care for the client is given.
Also can you explain to me what training you are given? You all say these products are good for facials (i get told this in many emails) yet how would you know? Have you used this in a facial, then followed up with the client to see results? Also do you know what is exactly in the products or do you go back to a third party and ask them every time a customer asks you?
RANT OVER!!!

I have a client who is now a distributor I said I "may" try a product (out of politeness) now I keep getting texts and messages every day from her asking when I want to bu it sends me the catalougue! it is cold calling!!!!
Sorry to the lady who is a distributor, but I am not apologising for my opinion on you, I know you are trying to make a living but by doing so stop being hungry for quick sucess, a good business takes years to succeed in!!! These companies and schemes try to get you to sell quickly no care for the client is given.
Also can you explain to me what training you are given? You all say these products are good for facials (i get told this in many emails) yet how would you know? Have you used this in a facial, then followed up with the client to see results? Also do you know what is exactly in the products or do you go back to a third party and ask them every time a customer asks you?
RANT OVER!!!
This was meant for the lady you replied to sorry

Yes you can be a pushy or non-pushy distributor. I've had clients and "friends" who are distributors who talk of nothing but their products and how well I could be doing if I sold them in my salon. I get e-mails which I ignore and the occasional cold call which I politely refuse. I guess what bugs us is that the MLMs can have distributors who know nothing of beauty but are selling beauty. As for them getting Range Rovers as a bonus, I believe it shows the products are over-priced. I am on the NuSkin books as a distributor but the products are not worth the money they charge for them so I don't sell them.

Latest posts

Back