Nurses and Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyfeet

Reaction score
hi geeks

i have a client who's a nurse and she is wanting shellac. My concern is the amount of hand washing she will do in her work. She has said she can use the hand gel as opposed to hand washing. Just wondered anyones thoughts on this. Could this be a problem for the longevity of shellac. The hospital grade gel is quite drying also as are her hands at this time of year. I would also advise solar oil four times a day to combat this and also some hydrating hand lotion. She wants clearly pink or negligee so she can still wear shellac for work.

So my question is lol is shellac's longevity going to be affected by constant use of hospital grade hand gel?

Love n hugs

ps i have popped my question in the search engine but couldnt find anything specific enough. X x x

I've had a few clients who are nurses and they only have their nails done when they are going on holiday. They said it was because they aren't allowed to wear nail polish at work.

Most of my clients are Nurses and although they aren't strictly meant to wear it, they do and I never have problems with any of them.

HTHs

Hmmmmm Nurses should not be wearing any product on there nails

I know I didn't answer your original question sorry, you could give her your concerns before the treatment as to how long its going to last and how to get the best out of it, and then its just a case of waiting to see how long it does last if she still wants it done

thanks for the replies ladies. Angel thank you for letting me know that too hun.
X x x

I am an ex nurse, it's true that you are not strictly allowed to wear enhancements , polish etc. but I've always loved doing nails so I used to bend the rules and wear discreet polish (anyone remember Rimmel's coconut ice..lol)

I would let her decide if she can get away with breaking the rules as that's her concern and not yours. I would also tell her your concern about longevity and also let her decide, that way hopefully she won't come back complaining if the shellac does not last well.

Here in the US, nurses can wear polish as long as it's clear or nearly clear so my nursing clientele like beau, negligee or a french application.

Honestly, Mrs. Happyfeet, the amount of hand sanitizer and heavy duty hand sanitizing soap they use daily take a toll on their Shellac and it doesn't last as long as it does on a regular client. They are getting on average 12 days wear.

They still feel it's worth it though. :D

Thanks ladies really helpful. As far as her decision to wear shellac at work that is up to her its not up to me to say yay or nay, what I'm going to do, actually what I've already done is let her know about my concern over longevity and advise as above and leave it up to her to decide whether she wants to have shellac. I always note things like this on consultation cards and always hand out aftercare and ALWAYS say it lasts for up to 14 days.

Thanks again everyone for your help much appreciated. X x x

I have had problems with folks that wear gloves with shellac so that would be my concern!:lol:

Latest posts

Back