Nut-Free Cuticle Oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire F

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am sure this has been discussed, but could not find the answer in the search.
WOuld someone please let me know where I can find some nut free cuticle oil. A number of my clients are allergic and some have babies that they do not want to expose to nuts.
I normally use CND's Solar Oil or OPI's Avoplex Oil. Both are great and I notice a difference when clients don't use an oil.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you,
Claire xxx

Solar Oil is made with Almond Oil. Since Almonds are actually seeds and not nuts, clients with nut allergies should be okay.

good question! x

You might well have no reaction to almonds even if you have a peanut allergy, but don't take the risk without having allergy testing done first by your physician.

Youngs do or did a rose cuticle oil, not sure what else is in it though.

Thanks for your replies. I really dont want to risk anything by trying it and also have one client allergic to nuts and seeds!
I will have a look for the Rose oil; any other suggestions?
Thank you all xxx

Think nailtiques used to do a cutical oil that didn't have nuts in it! It's been a long time since I used that tho, so no idea where you'd get it from. X

Go to your local homeopathic store and buy Grapeseed oil, add a few drops of Lavender and/or Tea Tree EO for antibacterial properties and bottle them up! As you know Grapeseed, Sweet Almond, Olive, Jojoba are the four oils that are molecularly small enough to penetrate the nail and are closest to the body's own natural sebum.

Go to your local homeopathic store and buy Grapeseed oil, add a few drops of Lavender and/or Tea Tree EO for antibacterial properties and bottle them up! As you know Grapeseed, Sweet Almond, Olive, Jojoba are the four oils that are molecularly small enough to penetrate the nail and are closest to the body's own natural sebum.

I'm not sure we're allowed to do that over here without an aromatherapy blending qualification.
Also would need to look into what you would need to do label wise

Xx

Hmmm....could you order it custom blended by someone that is? Maybe a custom blend and brand for your salon? Then you could have your own labels made with your brand and ingredients list.

I have a nut allergy and am allergic to almonds. I use plain grapeseed oil on my hands as it is hypoallergenic and it does wonders for my hands and nails. My friend is an aromatherapist and she recently made me a really nice blend of avocado oil, jojoba oil, carrot oil, lavender, rosemary and lemon oil. I use this for myself and not on clients. It smells lovely and my hands are so soft. I haven't found any branded cuticle oils that don't have sweet almond oil in them.

Young nails rose oil is sunflower oil and rose oil. As others have said grapeseed oil is good (and wonderful for cooking too!)

Nsi nurture oil, this is what I used as my daughter has nut allergy. Since she has had further testing & we have found out that she isn't allergic to almonds I now use solar oil x

Thank you all so much for your help! Looking forward to being able to help out all my clients now :) xx

Hi
I believe nurture oil is nut free. Found this on nsi website "Scientifically enhanced blend of 5 emollients (jojoba, soy, safflower, wheat germ, and grape seed oils) and vitamins C & E"
Hope it helps xx

As the Mum of two with severe nut and sesame allergy I must stress that it would be very dangerous to use Almonds on a nut allergic person, people who are allergic to nuts are told to avoid all nuts and Almonds ARE included in this list ( one of mine is allergic to to both Peanuts & Almonds)
I have dealt with this for 17 years now and if anyone is unsure of anything on the subject please feel free to pm me. Always remember this type of allergy can be life threatening.

Latest posts

Back