NVQ level 2 beauty therapy do I or don't I?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I've done a few home courses and 1 day courses in nails. I'm trained in manicures/pedicures, shellac and acrylics. I also did a 1 day spray tan course. I would love to do all things beauty and I've been considering going to college to do the nvq course. Would I still be allowed to do it even though I'm qualified in nails? I just feel like I've wasted so much money on short courses that haven't really taught me what I want to know that I'm ready for a college course! Has anyone got any advice for this course? Thanks x

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Definitely do it:) it's the foundation for all things related to the industry. I did NVQ 2 then 3 and so glad I did it that way. If you want to add more short courses after you get more out of then because you already have a lot of the knowledge. I'd say go for it. Xxx

I've done a few home courses and 1 day courses in nails. I'm trained in manicures/pedicures, shellac and acrylics. I also did a 1 day spray tan course. I would love to do all things beauty and I've been considering going to college to do the nvq course. Would I still be allowed to do it even though I'm qualified in nails? I just feel like I've wasted so much money on short courses that haven't really taught me what I want to know that I'm ready for a college course! Has anyone got any advice for this course? Thanks x

Hi Becca, first of all are what are your plans if u want to work in a salon then you will require nvq level 2 and 3 but if u want to do mobile then u do not need these as for being mobile you only need a diploma certificate from where you have trained that certifies that you have trained and qualified in such treatments and also you will need insurance certificate.
Hope that helps. xx

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek mobile app

I never intended to work in a spa/salon but I wanted more than 1 day training courses. I did level 2 beauty therapy diploma and loved it. I've now changed direction and I'm training as a level 3 complementary therapist - I will be marketing myself as a holistic beauty therapist.

Do it - I've done 1 day course since qualifying and they are fine but not enough anatomy covered during these courses - college is far better as long as you are happy to work. :)

Just my opinion. x

Definitely worth doing, not just for what you'll learn but for meeting people in the same boat, helping each other out and so on, you never know where these contacts might lead in the future.

Not much help but just to say I am in exact same position �� have you made any decisions yet? My brain is hurting from weighing it all up over and over again! Lol x

Thanks for all your input ladies! I've sent my application form off today! :) really starting to look forward to it now, my eldest starts school this September and my youngest will turn 2 shortly after so I really feel it's time for me to do something about my passion! I would love to work in a salon so I think it's essential I do the course. I've seen a lot of jobs advertised in my area and all of them say must be NVQ qualified. I have all of the kit I need as I've been buying bits and bobs along the way. What make up kit/brand would people recommend buying? I don't want a really cheap one but don't want to pay the earth xx

Good for you and good luck! I am on verge of booking mine too but feelig a bit scared its a lot of money if it doesn't all work out but I guess if u never try u will never know!! I would also b interested in your make up kit question I have most kit except make up,wax and facial products.

Latest posts

Back