NVQ level 3 do I need?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazzybabe

Reaction score
Hi everyone, been thinking a lot lately I'm nvq level 2 trained and have done additional courses including massage and my anatomy and physiology, there's a local college of mine that offers now 1 one day a week intensive course for nvq 3, but I was thinking do I actually need it?, I'd like to have my own salon one day, so will the nvq 3 benefit me in this way? Confused need your help guys :) x

I posted a similar thread in off topic the other week and had a lot of helpful responses. Long story short - I am doing the full level 3.

Massage and a and p is a big proportion of an nvq3...because youre already qualified in these you could leanr other treatments from level 3 as separate courses so that you dont have to go over old ground.

However things like facial electricals and electrolysis can be difficult to find as separate courses and can be more expensive.

Weigh up what units in nvq3 you want to do because the massage type units like hot stone and indian head are easy to take as separate courses in my experience.

Either route would be constructive to get you equally as qualified.

Thank you, that's the thing do I need facial electricals and electrolysis, I really don't know what to do, as like you've said it's hard to find courses on these.

Carlton Institute do these as one day courses. You have to be qualified in facials (but they do a one day course for that if not). Then you do the one day facial electical and then once you have that you can do the one day body electical. So there is a way to do it and carlton institute have training centres all over the UK and courses are accredited by guild of beauty therapists.

Hope this helps

x

Im not qualified in body electrical or electrolysis and i am hoping to do these as separate courses but im not sure if i want to do them through the carlton institute because even doing my level 2 with them things felt very rushed to the point that i needed to do further courses. That said though i am open minded so ill ask how you found those courses?

To get work in the industry i think massage has been my most called for level 3 treatment as a lot of spas employ newly qualified people so i have played to my massage strengths so far and never been asked for electrical or electrolysis qualifications so far but still intend to do them.

Thanks everyone x

Latest posts

Back