NVQ Lv 3 or Lv2 Barbering, what next

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregsaunders

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

its my first post so be gentle with me
:)

I wanted to get a bit of feedback on what i should do next as i finish my LV2 Hairdressing course in 4 weeks time.

i have been struggling to find work in my area (apprenticeships, Juniors, Saturday work, everything) and i cant help but feel that there are many lv2 hairdressers looking for work in my area, so how do i make myself stand out!, i have whittled down my options to:

trying to get on a Lv3 hairdressing course or shall i go with a barbering course and follow up with lv 3 the following year ?!

is it just me or do well trained barbers seem to be hard to find, there are plenty of advertised barbering job vacancy's, will this give me an edge ?!

so Lv 3 Hairdressing or barbering next year, all comments appreciated

Many thanks
Greg:)

I own my own salon and had quite a few girls apply for jobs but not one of them could do mens hair!
My sister is my hairdresser now. She is great at doing mens hair-she has 3 boys-but she is self taught.
I think barbering would be a great asset.
My sister also recently did a cut throat razoring course.
I think it's good to be able to do things that aren't readily available.
In my area it's hard to find someone who does bridal hair, afro caribbean hair, cornrows etc....
You need to do something that hardly anyone else does to put you at an advantage.

Hi, I did both in the same year two different courses at two different colleges :eek: it was great but wouldn't really reccomend doing both at once , as it was very hard slog ,
but it is possible, and once you get the hang of barbering
and wet shaving its fab :hug:

Latest posts

Back