NVQ qualifications used abroad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordon

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm trained as a beauty therapist and nail technichian to NVQ level 3 in both quals, my question is if I went to live abroad (I live in the uk) would they be valid qualifications? We've looked at maybe going to the Republic of Ireland and New Zealand. X

If your qualifications are with City & Guilds, you will be fine working in the Republic of Ireland.

If your qualifications are with City & Guilds, you will be fine working in the Republic of Ireland.
Thank you for your reply lovely! X

In New Zealand (and a lot of other countries) you just have to apply to have them assessed, similar to NARIC in the UK. You won't necessarily get them recognised so it's worth doing ahead of time. I think the higher qualifications like BTEC have no problem, but immigration will let you know for sure.

In New Zealand (and a lot of other countries) you just have to apply to have them assessed, similar to NARIC in the UK. You won't necessarily get them recognised so it's worth doing ahead of time. I think the higher qualifications like BTEC have no problem, but immigration will let you know for sure.
Thank you lovely that's quite good to know! Nothing is set in stone but I don't want to end up being useless in anothe country x

Latest posts

Back