Offers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess-jamie

Reaction score
Hi All

I wondering if you can help me please.

I did my training in nails in April and my waxing Training about 4 weeks ago, i havnt really had many clients so im still needing the experience.

So my thought are to get clients to offer 25% off all Nails and Waxing Treatment.

Full Price Nails are £25-30 for a full set.

What do you think of this offer.

Thanks

Hi

I done my nail extension course at college in 2007 and then last year done A Ezflow course to get a client base i have decided to charge £20 - China white £25 Glitter tips. But it also depends on your area

I have now started to get a few clients:) to get my experience.

karen

Hi,

You need to think about how much product costs you to do a full set and for the time it will take.

Check out how much people are charging for full sets in your area, and go from there. Obviously, you have just finished your trainniing, so I wouldnt be charging full price, but charging something that I would be happy with.

Also, make it clear to your future clients that you are not charging them full price due to your experience. Many have issues down the track with clients arguing that you used to charge less before! Make sure that once you are confident in your quality of work, that you give plenty of notice to your clients that your price will be going up.

hth x x

How about:

(1) Have a time limit on the offer, e.g. Summer Special - 25% off all Nails and Waxing Treatments until 31st August 2009.

(2) State that this offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. So the 3 for 2 on all Waxing treatments could then not be used with 25% off as well (although the 3 for 2 could work out better value if the 3 treatments chosen were close in price - if all the treatments were the same price, then the client would save just over 33% by choosing the 3 for 2 offer).

That way, you could think about initially printing just enough leaflets to cover you for the next few weeks; once September comes, if you are still short on custom, you could run an Autumn Special promotion, e.g. Half Price Rebalance with each set of acrylic nails if rebalance done within 3 weeks of initial application. Or Free Waxing Treatment for the host of a Waxing Party if there are 5 guests or more (that would be a good one for getting more people to try your waxing service).

Or, think about using your existing spray tanning service to entice people to try other services, e.g. Get a Voucher for Half Price Nails with every Spray Tan.

Or, introduce a friend to our Waxing service, and get 50% off your next treatment.

So, that way, you are only giving your best discounts to people who are actively helping you build your business by introducing new custom to you.

I think you'd be better doing something like that - i.e. thinking carefully about how you can grow the business through canny use of special offers - rather than just offering a blanket 25% discount to everyone. Make your clients work for you, rather than risking them take advantage of you!

Latest posts

Back