Oil makes nails slide off???!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambam

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Would love to hear your opinions on this!!!

Last night I was at college doing body massage and my client, who was a lovely lady, said

"The nail technician said don't get any oil on your nails because
it makes the nails slide off".

Hmmmmmm I thought. I asked her what system they were, liquid and powder, and I thought how the heck can a nail just 'slide' off?!!!!!!! :eek:

So I said, "I use oil on the enhancements I do, it helps to plasticise the enhancement and it does wonders for my skin. Isnt that strange?"

What do you think geeks? This technician has obviously never heard of Solar oil! x

looks like the nail tech who told her this is talking a load od C**P

Did she mean no oil on the nail beds before you put the nail enhancements on?

Just a thought although the nails still would not SLIDE OFF!!! would they you would get lifting.

Oh I do not know lets see what others say.

Caz xxx:suprised:

Hi geeks,

Slightly off topic but can you do a paraffin wax treatment on enhancements? I was told that this would also make th e nails "slide off".

She might have not been wanting her nail beds to get too oily before applying l&p as they might lift. But lightly buffing and using scrubfresh would have removed the oil anyway.

caz3 said:
Did she mean no oil on the nail beds before you put the nail enhancements on?

Just a thought although the nails still would not SLIDE OFF!!! would they you would get lifting.

Oh I do not know lets see what others say.

Caz xxx:suprised:

Thanks for your replies guys!

Sorry i think iv confused you all, she had enhancements on, think they were done 2 days before she came in to college for me. The nail tech said dont get oil on them because the 'enhancement' will slide off! So if she was to buff, what would she use???? I just thought this sounded reeeeealy bizarre. Like you guys said, if she was having her nails done after the massage, id understand. But they were done!!!

Beats me I think you will have to ask her what she meant, and let us all know :)

Caz xxx

sambam said:
Thanks for your replies guys!

Sorry i think iv confused you all, she had enhancements on, think they were done 2 days before she came in to college for me. The nail tech said dont get oil on them because the 'enhancement' will slide off! So if she was taught to buff, what would she use???? I just thought this sounded reeeeealy bizarre. Like you guys said, if she was having her nails done after the massage, id understand. But they were done!!!

Will do! I should of asked her exactly what she meant there and then, but I didnt want to sound off and come across rude! Hope she comes in again cos itl annoy me if i dont find out! Cheers geeks!

hi. i used to do a lot of massage and while i was doing them i did find i was getting some lifting of my l&p nails, they were ok if i put gel over the top to seal them but if i just buffed them i had a lot of lifting, seemed to be worse with coconut oil. but i can't do massage now so it doesn't matter anymore lol!!! i never had any nails sliding or popping off just had a bit of a problem with lifting.

Aw thanks for that! :hug:
i shall keep it in mind for next time!

Latest posts

Back