OK root touch up-help with fixing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not lecturing you.

The thread is titled 'HELP with fixing'. In order to help you i have to know the facts. That means me asking whatever questions i need to.

If you're just going to go on the defensive then i won't even give advise:)

:oSorry I didn't mean to sound defensive I am just soo pissed with myself right now...I do need help and I am quite open to any of it right now..

I recently had a previous client get in touch with me because of a sore scalp. She noticed it after going to a new stylist. Because she has moved, I can't see her in person.

She said when she touches a part of her scalp it hurts so bad. So it sounds similar to your client.

Because I can only guess, I'd wondered if stylist used too hot a dryer pointing directly at scalp, or didn't do a proper anti oxy conditioner. Perhaps that is something to consider.

Who can say really what caused it, but I've definitely heard of a sore scalp before after a treatment.

Head sore is a possibility. Does she wear her hair in a pony tail in the same place a lot?

Also if the climazon is too close this can cause burns, and of course the hairdryer as you said.

:oSorry I didn't mean to sound defensive I am just soo pissed with myself right now...I do need help and I am quite open to any of it right now..

Well if its green and yellow you need red and violet. Mahogany may be a perfect shade.

Its probably more likely green to be honest, from the swimming. Copper sulphate in the chlorine really doesn't help.

I recently had a previous client get in touch with me because of a sore scalp. She noticed it after going to a new stylist. Because she has moved, I can't see her in person.

She said when she touches a part of her scalp it hurts so bad. So it sounds similar to your client.

Because I can only guess, I'd wondered if stylist used too hot a dryer pointing directly at scalp, or didn't do a proper anti oxy conditioner. Perhaps that is something to consider.

Who can say really what caused it, but I've definitely heard of a sore scalp before after a treatment.

Hmmmm You know what?? You may have hit the nail on the head here..I don't normally use the hood dryer when processing foils but I did in this case because she had been in the salon at this stage 4 hours and I wanted to speed up the process. Maybe it had an effect on the scalp after the colours..:?:

Head sore is a possibility. Does she wear her hair in a pony tail in the same place a lot?

Also if the climazon is too close this can cause burns, and of course the hairdryer as you said.

She wears a pony tail all the time.. and as I said below I did use a hood dryer in this case because of the time...Maybe it had a reaction with the colours then the heat..Ok So I am getting somewhere now...;)

Well if its green and yellow you need red and violet. Mahogany may be a perfect shade.

Its probably more likely green to be honest, from the swimming. Copper sulphate in the chlorine really doesn't help.[/QUO

Yep sounds about right..

What about the purple roots would Mahogany kill them?

Its probably more likely green to be honest, from the swimming. Copper sulphate in the chlorine really doesn't help.[/QUO

Yep sounds about right..

What about the purple roots would Mahogany kill them?

No you'd need gold for the purple roots. Mahogany will just add to the violet.

Bless you...we all mess up at times. I've been hairdressing 20 years now but when I was first qualified I was working in a large well known Salon. I did a perm and when the lady came back for a cut a few weeks after her hair was so full of breakage. I felt like you do now, a failure, how could I have let that happen? But like someone said earlier, you do learn from these things. Don't beat yourself up too much xx

Bless you...we all mess up at times. I've been hairdressing 20 years now but when I was first qualified I was working in a large well known Salon. I did a perm and when the lady came back for a cut a few weeks after her hair was so full of breakage. I felt like you do now, a failure, how could I have let that happen? But like someone said earlier, you do learn from these things. Don't beat yourself up too much xx

Thankyou so much for your kind words.. It's very much appreciated xx

Really and truly everyone makes mistakes. No one was asking questions to make you feel worse, just trying to figure out how to help. There are quite a few realky good hearted knowledge geeks on here...then to there are some wackos. Youll figure out who's who quickly enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

Really and truly everyone makes mistakes. No one was asking questions to make you feel worse, just trying to figure out how to help. There are quite a few realky good hearted knowledge geeks on here...then to there are some wackos. Youll figure out who's who quickly enough.

Im a wacko🙋🙋

Get back in your box cams! 😜

I'm not a wacko 😉 I'm one of the lovley knowledgeable ones he mentioned ☺️ .... Hehe

Im a wacko🙋🙋

Maybe so, but obviously wasn't talking about you!

get back in your box cams! 😜

i'm not a wacko 😉 i'm one of the lovley knowledgeable ones he mentioned ☺️ .... Hehe

😂😂😂

Maybe so, but obviously wasn't talking about you!

We're all wackos...

But yeah the wackos are easily identified

Thankyou!! Yeh your right I am only human and I gonna make mistakes but I have really learnt from this one... and if I ever get a customer again:o I will most certainly not add violet onto grey roots..even if its just a pea size amount...:grr:

Even reading that back make me wanna punch myself very hard lol

We're all wackos...

But yeah the wackos are easily identified

I think as Hair dressers we can all relate to the quote attached..

Thanks guys for all your help here have a great day x x

Latest posts

Back