Ok, so I have an interview next week ..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GemBobble

Reaction score
.. and since leaving college a year ago this is my FIRST interview at a beauty salon. Now i've got a folder with all my certificates in and me being quite the geek in college i put 3 of my assignments in aswell. The main problem is .. WHAT TO WEARRR ?!?!?! i dont know if i should wear my uniform ? or wear something professional i.e a suit .. or go more " me " should i say .. like a dress and wedges or a dress top and leggings ? im quite confused lol help ??

IMO it would be wise to dress slightly more conservative than you normally would untill you know the salon owner better.
If you dont want to wear uniform try wearing a pair of trousers and a nice top, look neat and tidy and you'll portray a proffesional image to your (hopefully) new boss.
Best of luck hun.
:hug:

*Im not in the beauty industry and this is just my opinion* :green:

I prefer intreviewees to dress smartly, Clean hair teeth and nails and well groomed. Until I get to know someone it's probably more about "not putting an employer off" than any specific outfit to wear. Best of luck!

hi maybe you could go past the salon an see what they are wearing if they got uniforms on then you could wear yours as long as its really clean an smart, (not that i think you are untidy or anything but the slightest snag in your uniform might be the deal breaker) or like the others have said a smart top as long as your clean and tidy an you'll be fine, or phone the salon owner an ask would they like you to wear your uniform ?

good luck

let us know what you wear, an how you got on hun thinking of you x :hug:

well i thought i'd found the perfect trousers to wear yesterday off newlook.com but this morning i had an e-mail saying that when i bought them they had already gone out of stock and i already got charged for them =[ but i found another pair thank god !!! i've decided to wear black trousers and a nice 3/4 length grey-ish top :) roll on wednesday .. im so nervous !!!

Latest posts

Back