Olaplex 'dupes'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sassystylist25

Lower paid psychologist
Reaction score
hi all

Our usual wholesaler does not stock Olaplex how ever they stock a few cheaper alternatives and, as they would, believe them to be 'much better results and more cost effective'

These are called Zerran, Colorphlex and Color Secret.

Been having a bash at Zerran this week and the instructions mention nothing of changing developer strengths however when I used 30vol on highlights it didn't lift to a nice colour, more like a yellow/orange as opposed to using without the Zerran.

I used 40vol today with Zerran to see what difference it would make and I WISH I DIDN'T!!! I very very rarely use 40vol although some years ago I did, so I know the results it can give and also the undesirables that come with it!! (Brittle, breakage)

The product was left to develop no longer than what I would without Zerran.

Hair is very dry, slight breakage, my client understands the risks going from dark brown to blonde. This is her 3rd full head of highlights (previous 2 were used with 30vol no Zerran).

Does anyone else have any experience with any of these products? Ideally, using Zerran? What are your thoughts..? And any reviews or recommendations for Colourphlex or Color Secret? Will be purchasing Olaplex eventually but I'm not quite ready to part with nearly £300 when the majority of my clients would look at me daft if I charged £15-£20 more for a splash of something new...

I would not waste your money on products that say they are like Olaplex, because it's a lie.
Olaplex is patented with 8 world patents, there NO company can make something like it.
Colorphlex itself, ingredients are as follows: water, hydrolyzed vegetable protein or PG Propyl Silanetriol which is an artificially modified amino acid from vegetables and film forming compound, and phenoxyethanol which is used as a preservative. No real comparison in regards to chemistry versus Olaplex.
I haven't analyzed the other products, but being a chemist, you can not make ANY product out there like Olaplex since it has a patent.
Don't be fooled and don't waste your money on other products that tell you they are like or better than Olaplex.

I would not waste your money on products that say they are like Olaplex, because it's a lie.
Olaplex is patented with 8 world patents, there NO company can make something like it.
Colorphlex itself, ingredients are as follows: water, hydrolyzed vegetable protein or PG Propyl Silanetriol which is an artificially modified amino acid from vegetables and film forming compound, and phenoxyethanol which is used as a preservative. No real comparison in regards to chemistry versus Olaplex.
I haven't analyzed the other products, but being a chemist, you can not make ANY product out there like Olaplex since it has a patent.
Don't be fooled and don't waste your money on other products that tell you they are like or better than Olaplex.

Well, here we go again. First I will identify myself as an employee of colorpHlex.

colorpHlex has never claimed to be a copy of Olaplex. They do have a patented ingredient for their product.

The active ingredient in colorpHlex mentioned by Mags, is modified vegetable polypeptides combined with a polymerizing silicon compound. Olaplex is "modified" guar gum and maleic acid.

colorpHlex does work on a different chemistry and this difference is what gives it marked advantages. It does not work by coating the hair but by chemically bonding to damage sites on the keratin protein of the hair.

Olaplex can be a great benefit in bleaching hair and some people will prefer it over other additives including colorpHlex, however to make claims that it is the only product that can be effective in dealing with hair damage and worse yet, denying the proven and document chemistry of a product is beyond the realms of credibility.

I will not repeat any of the previous supportive facts regarding the efficacy of colorpHlex, but staceypassmore, if you are interested in this kind of information and the documentation from which it comes, you can message me.

Thank you for your replies. I will read more into all products

Thank you for your replies. I will read more into all products

Nothing compares to Olaplex unfortunately.

All the 'dupes' are not made to work the same as olaplex and will thus not have the same protection as olaplex in the long run.

Have a search on here and you'll see all the threads and posts where this is explained but we're done talking about it really because the war went on for months.

Latest posts

Back