Olaplex - which mix have you tried?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd hate to see you give up on it for your retouches. Use 1/16 next time. I'd rather do that than bump up the developer for on scalp. But I do know how you feel, after all that time and the precise application not to get where you want to go is heartbreaking.

Ok so today I had a success with my Olaplex bleach retouch. I mixed 65g of Wella Blondor cream bleach with 130mls at 6% and 1/16th of Olaplex. My clients a natural level 5, cool toned. 70 minutes to lift which is only slightly longer than usual and I was able to take it through for two minutes to cleanse out old tone. I rinsed and then toned immediately with 10/69 Illumina and pastel... Then followed with #2. Felt so strange not shampooing and antioxi but I did it and the result blew my mind!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1441992660.627713.jpg

Looks gorgeous and healthy!

I know AcidPerm! I felt so disheartened when I did my best friends hair and it still had a touch too much gold but I used 1/8th so today 1/16th was perfect with the cream bleach. Alix is growing her hair so I think we can now. So pleased

Lovley! I saw that pic on fb! Did that amount of olaplex have much of an effect? They told me to mix 1/4 oz to every 30g mix I would have mixed 1/2 oz into the amount of bleach you used! I'm so glad we have this forum right now lol!

Actually scratch that above lol I'm rubbish with these ounces lol

I'll try that again! Did u see a good result (olaplex wise not lift) with 1.16th? In that much mixture?

Ok so today I had a success with my Olaplex bleach retouch. I mixed 65g of Wella Blondor cream bleach with 130mls at 6% and 1/16th of Olaplex. My clients a natural level 5, cool toned. 70 minutes to lift which is only slightly longer than usual and I was able to take it through for two minutes to cleanse out old tone. I rinsed and then toned immediately with 10/69 Illumina and pastel... Then followed with #2. Felt so strange not shampooing and antioxi but I did it and the result blew my mind!View attachment 190515

Gorgeous work. So happy!

Yes Kahuna, I wasn't getting great results with my retouches with 1/8th so I halved again to 1/16th and much better. This is with cream bleach. So odd to tone this way too. But it works.

When Alix came in her hair was in amazing condition and said she had noticed a huge difference herself. Honestly her hair was glowing.

The shine is beautiful! :) I don't have Blondor cream just powder have you tried it with powder? My lady cancelled today it was going to be my 1'st go of it soo gutted! I feel like a child waiting for Christmas! .

Ok so today I had a success with my Olaplex bleach retouch. I mixed 65g of Wella Blondor cream bleach with 130mls at 6% and 1/16th of Olaplex. My clients a natural level 5, cool toned. 70 minutes to lift which is only slightly longer than usual and I was able to take it through for two minutes to cleanse out old tone. I rinsed and then toned immediately with 10/69 Illumina and pastel... Then followed with #2. Felt so strange not shampooing and antioxi but I did it and the result blew my mind!View attachment 190515

So you didn't shampoo even with blondor cream? Haven't tried that yet, but excited to do it now.

This is all great to read. I've decided to not use Olaplex in my bleach retouches. 1 hour and 15 minutes this week and still not a clean 10 on one of my regulars. I used 1/8 ounce to 60g of Blondor cream bleach with 6%.

Cut down to 1/16oz (1.875ml). This should solve issue with lift.

I asked my A and F rep if I could cut while no. 2 was on. And she said no! [emoji35]

Does anyone know what the shelf life is?

It's just me in the salon atm and I want it but doubt I'll use the WHOLE bottle that quick. X

Shelf life is 2+ years currently. You can definitely cut with No.2 on the hair. Please email me the name of your rep and location and I will get this sorted immediately. [email protected]

Lovley! I saw that pic on fb! Did that amount of olaplex have much of an effect? They told me to mix 1/4 oz to every 30g mix I would have mixed 1/2 oz into the amount of bleach you used! I'm so glad we have this forum right now lol!

Measurements work for 30-60g of lightener powder.

Tssparkler, I emulsified and rinsed... Then toned. Quite difficult to work with bleached hair in that state as it quite rough but it worked. The toner didn't oxidize any differently. I cannot imagine being able to work through longer hair though without antioxi first. What do you do with your retouches and Olaplex?

@jordanstylist that's exactly what I did. Dropped down to 1/16th and no more problems.

I'll direct message you @jordanstylist.
Last time I emailed asking questions I didn't get a reply so I assumed it didn't go through.

Also is there any marketing items from Olaplex?

Tssparkler, I emulsified and rinsed... Then toned. Quite difficult to work with bleached hair in that state as it quite rough but it worked. The toner didn't oxidize any differently. I cannot imagine being able to work through longer hair though without antioxi first. What do you do with your retouches and Olaplex?

@jordanstylist that's exactly what I did. Dropped down to 1/16th and no more problems.

With Blondor cream I felt I had to shampoo before toning. With silklift I followed the olaplex directions. Rinsed, toned, no. 2. Shampoo and antioxi.

Do u need to bump up developer when covering grey? With colour not bleach

I.e 80% white client normally gets 6nn with 6% would I need to change anything?

Its only with bleach you bump up your developer

All color, when using Olaplex, the developer will stay the same.

Has anyone used olaplex with Proclere blue frosting gel lightener system? This is what I use for scalp bleach, I find it great lift on my hair and very kind to scalp... I use 50ml gel + 4x13g booster sachets (so 52g total) + 6%, how much no.1 would I add and do I need to up the peroxide? I'm very cautious about using anything other than 6% on scalp...

Latest posts

Back